Jestersix

Elos 120 (liter)

My fire fish are also "were" jumpers. I know, I know............I dose them all with fishie downers.
Seriously, It's all in the one on one training with each individual animal. Same way we finger train shrimp........:cool: That "look" in the fishe's eye isn't quite the same as a horse in a lightening storm.....

*Edit Note Kidding Aside: SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO TUBERIDER........FAIRY WRASSES WILL JUMP! GET A LID OR ACRYLIC GUARDS*

I am only in the middle of my path of learning. I continue to walk it on the left side of the path.

Edit Note: The RIGHT side of the path was correct in the case of the jumping wrasses

My Luck,
The fixture makes it in a piano sized crate. It's well protected and in perfect condition. I notice right away the hanging wires are missing. I advise my suppler........about the missing parts. I'm not too happy. This has really been quite a circus with the light. I lay on my back and install the two electronic ballasts for the Mh and neaten the wiring. I'm running them together as I see no reason to time them separately. The T5's are also being run together and I mounted the coupling box close to the other ballasts. I throw the switch and the T5's come on like a baseball stadium. An hour later the Mh come on and trip the GF Protected box I mounted in the sump area. Hmmmmmm. I run a short appliance cord out of the sump area and into another plug strip I have and it fires up both sets of lights just fine. Snip, neaten and wire wrap. I have also raised my skimmer up about an inch placing the water line at midway of recommended water level.

I've used nylon rope for now and expect my stainless harnesses PDQ. Don't worry, I tied knots that would hold running tuna. With all the lights on for a few hours tonight, I could see that all was well so shortly after the picture below was taken, I moved about 90% of my SPS to the new tank. Tomorrow, I'll move the rest (ran out of epoxy putty) and clean up the 20 gal and put it away. We get our kitchen sink back!

Note: This sucker is REALLY bright. I mean REALLY bright. Sitting at the kitchen table is like sitting in a sun tan booth. Stay tuned for more pics this weekend.
IMG_0732.jpg

I promised some new pics and they are "so so". Taken before Mh came on, shutter speed way too slow, color rendering way off. Please be patient with me, I'm a work in progress.
Notes: Harlequin shrimp pair and 5 juvenile lyre tail anthias added this weekend. All SPS assigned a living space. Some rearranging of first shot placement of livestock.
Tank over sink is GONE!
IMG_0748.jpg

Harlequin shrimp pair, big one showing off for little one in hiding
IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

Global shots of livestock placement
IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

feeding time. If I don't isolate it, it never gets much to eat before a swarm of shrimp decend on it. It's an old fish guy trick. Made it from a ocean spray juice bottle. :cool:
IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Some current shots including new additions from Neptune and O.T.
Jedi Mind Trick Monti from Neptune
IMG_0854.jpg

Meteor Shower cyphastrea from Neptune
IMG_0858.jpg

Micromussa from Neptune
IMG_0857.jpg

Stylophora from Neptune
IMG_0856.jpg

Lineatus Fairy Wrasse from Derek at Ocean Treasures
IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

Thanks Mike. I was wondering about that. It doesn't look like a very high class hitchhiker and I'll bet I cold spread like wildfire!

Nice additions. Real pretty wrasse too. I really like my Cyphastrea a lot. What is that coral to the bottom left of the meteor showers in the foreground called (purple with green polyps)? That Stylophora is really showy; I almost picked up a piece today, but opted for some other pieces instead. I'll have pictures on my thread tomorrow. Looks like you're having a lot of fun.

Happy Reefing,
R.K.

I burned a cyphastrea frag up putting it that high up in the tank. It has colored back up from all white tissue. A great coral. You must sit there watching this tank for hours. That blasto is a freakin' great color combo too.

Inquiring minds want to know, The purple SPS with green polyps?

That is a Bonsai. Thanks for the tip on the cyphastrea. I've had some trouble keeping them before. I'm moving it lower this AM. I may also separate the dendro from the big chalice coloney also.

screebo said:
(why is it pronounced "zoo's" when it look's like "zo-ah's"?)

It's miss pronounced as zoo's by lazy hobbyists :lol: Zoe-an-thid is how I was told to say it :)

Back