Kessil

Elos 120 (liter)

melly mel said:
Looking really good John, you got some nice candy there!
Thanks Rommel. I'm loving the huge reduction of nuisance algae that I've just begun to see after 6 months of "new tank" syndrome. The livestock has continued to do well but the algae was just horrendous for the last several months. Every day I'd wake up to a coating of Cyno on the sand and reef, bubbling with activity. Like Bryan says, "My most important tool is my turkey baster". :bigsmile:

These updates include coral purchased from Gonzo at Baymac, O.T. for the cool acans and ultra chalice and Neptune for the King Neptune watermelon chalice.
P1000144.jpg

P1000120.jpg

P1000122.jpg

P1000138.jpg

P1000142.jpg

P1000146.jpg

P1000147.jpg

Hi Christine!
I love them all! I've always wanted the purple watermelon since seeing the "famous" BAR rotating site pic. I also love the extreme and rainbow acans. Of course, I'm quite attached to blastos................I knew it, I can't pick just one.. :)

Just plane lucky. Image #2 above was purchased at O.T. recently. It was a new one on me and I thought it was some kind of acan. WRONG! I should have paid attention when Derek told me it was a Symphyllia wilsoni. That's a horse of a different color! Wow!, I had not even heard of this coral and find it's quite rare. Here's the scoop:
http://reefbuilders.com/2009/01/29/australia-day-symphyllia-wilsoni-desktop-background/
http://reefbuilders.com/2009/12/09/symphyllia-wilsonifrom-australia/
And, of course, check the article on pg. 18 of this ever popular publication!
http://www.reefhobbyistmagazine.com/downloads/pdf/version11.pdf

When you look up "Tank-Junkie" in the dictionary, my picture is there. What a source of wonder and amazed amusement my tank is. It's the most satisfying hobby endeavor I've every been a part of. It's just a bonus that I've enjoyed meeting and mixing with many of you so much. That part was a bit unexpected as I'm not much of a socialite. So here's updates showing new livestock and noticeable health and growth on coral purchased at Baymac. Note the Orange Crush killer single acan head (thanks a million for this, Richard) eating a single mysis shrimp. It got lucky and snagged it during a regular broadcast feeding. I'm only spot feeding the sun coral and balanophillias. Everybody else is on their own for catching what drifts by. Well, I lied............I've been hand feeding the Scoly (Bought from Derek at a ridiculously low price) in hopes to see it open up "one day" Notice that I've placed it on a Screebo-pedistal as with most of my prized LPS. Anyone think this is contributing to a reluctance to inflate? What have you all done with Scolys to encourage inflation. I've been careful to not disturb it and it's feeding like a hog at the trough.
P1000254.jpg

P1000239.jpg

P1000248.jpg

P1000253.jpg

P1000251.jpg

P1000259.jpg

JohnsRedVelvetFairyWrasse-1.jpg

RIP
Lost this guy to hardwood floor surfing when a late night feeding left the wrasse guard in the up position. You can guess I consider this a major loss. It was a few months back and I still lament.

Sorry about the fairy wrasse. That was a real cool looking fish.

But nice tank and tank build. I'm looking to upgrade to a 120 so your tank is very inspiring to look at. Hope to see it in person some day!

Well............alrighty then, some update pics.
African fairy wrasse (flasher) and Naked Percula
AfricanfairywrasseandNakedPercula.jpg

Cool Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
MondoMeteorShowercyphastrea.jpg

Mocha stripe with nuclear green eye candy cane
CandyCanemochawithgreeneye.jpg

Guardian of the frag rack: Long nosed hawk
LongnosedHawk.jpg

DurTBear said:
Sorry about the fairy wrasse. That was a real cool looking fish.

But nice tank and tank build. I'm looking to upgrade to a 120 so your tank is very inspiring to look at. Hope to see it in person some day!
Thanks a lot Durwin. BTW, did you get the wireless module for your Apex to control and change your MP-40 mode programing? Huge improvement in water flow distribution and moving detritus out of it's hiding places. I set up profiles in the Apex to go through all the program modes that the Vortech's offer. I even have it alternating between syn mode and anti sync of the two pumps. Great option at a fair price.

Haven't tried to change the MP40 programming yet. I wouldn't know where to start in trying that so I'd probably need your help to try something like that.

Back