Jestersix

Emerald crab scared the hell out of me

I was working on a tank today doing a H2O change and a light algae scrape and saw an arm that was at least 2" long reach out between a couple of live rocks. I thought it was a huge Gorilla Crab as the claw size was near an inch in size, however upon further review, I realized it was a Mithrax I put in there over a year ago. It's color had turned to a dark red/black, and looks like Phong and I could be eating it pretty soon due to it's size. :D Just 'cause you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=4049.msg48374#msg48374 date=1215458223]
buk buk bukgawk!
[/quote]I'll take you out surfing sometime Eric, I'm sure you won't call me a chicken after that experience :eek:

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4049.msg48383#msg48383 date=1215459209]
ooohh..fishing for shark with Eric as bait![/quote]
Based on Erics post I think he'd taste like chicken so we'd be better off using the crab :) jk

[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=4049.msg49083#msg49083 date=1216071218]
got a picture of the crab? id love to see it!!
[/quote]I'll see what I can do, I've only seen him once in over a year. I'll try to post a picture of the tank though, it's one of my few "spare no expence" accounts, and it's a much nicer than mine for sure.

If only I had money.....

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4049.msg48376#msg48376 date=1215458363]
buk buk bukgawk!
[/quote]I'll take you out surfing sometime Eric, I'm sure you won't call me a chicken after that experience :eek:
[/quote]

Let's meet half way...Ano :D Been there countless times in the past, assume break when it hits right. If not, county line can be fun :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4049.msg49089#msg49089 date=1216071926]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4049.msg48376#msg48376 date=1215458363]
buk buk bukgawk!
[/quote]

Let's meet half way...Ano :D Been there countless times in the past, assume break when it hits right. If not, county line can be fun :D
[/quote]County Line is fun, but if I'm goin' all that way it's little bonsais for me, or the left at Greyhound rock.

Año is fun, but all of the "I'm so cool look at me shred" SC guys have taken it over from the HMB SM county cowboys. If there is even the slightest ripple, you show up to the parking lot and are subjected to stinkeye, and pickup trucks blaring Sublime ::)

That sucks....it used to be just us and the HMB guys. Now all the guys I used to go there with do a lot of surfing in your backyard (Mav's) and placing pretty damn high in rankings :) Flea (Daryl V) was my arch enemy for many years.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=4049.msg49097#msg49097 date=1216072837]
That sucks....it used to be just us and the HMB guys. Now all the guys I used to go there with do a lot of surfing in your backyard (Mav's) and placing pretty damn high in rankings :) Flea (Daryl V) was my arch enemy for many years.
[/quote]

Your crew was what 10 guys? There aren't too many mid-town guys I'd imagine, 'bout as many as there are in HMB :D, we're outnumbered for sure.

Hah...I hung out with both the east (pleasure punks) and west. As midtowners we where allowed to surf every where else with out being stink eyed :) Not to mention I had friends NO ONE wanted to cross. Yup, I've seen guys dragged from the line up and beaten to a pulp....now they do it in the actual line up? Glad I don't hang wioth the pleasure point punks any more :D

MT had some of the most talented surfers at any rate. One of them went on to start Dirty Girl Produce (organic farmer) :D

Well I can say from experience, it's all about the River mouth, and Murphs, you guys gots the best waves around, hell 25th-26th can be a lot of fun too.

MT depending on whom you talk to ends at Blacks :( believe it or not, the break off main beach is the best in SC hands down if and when it breaks. That, the Mouth, The harbor, Little Jetties and blacks are our best spots for sure :)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4049.msg48308#msg48308 date=1215399539]
I was working on a tank today doing a H2O change and a light algae scrape and saw an arm that was at least 2" long reach out between a couple of live rocks. I thought it was a huge Gorilla Crab as the claw size was near an inch in size, however upon further review, I realized it was a Mithrax I put in there over a year ago. It's color had turned to a dark red/black, and looks like Phong and I could be eating it pretty soon due to it's size. :D Just 'cause you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there
[/quote]

imagine if this was lurking inside someone's mega tank you service!

coconut_crab.jpg

Back