Emergency Equipment List

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bluprntguy, Jun 20, 2014.

1. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

* PLEASE NOTE: This is an initial attempt to begin the emergency equipment list that has been requested by a few members over the years. Please keep replies in this thread limited to equipment that you are willing to lend to other members in an emergency. There is a separate thread for suggestions on how we might improve this list in the future.

The Emergency Equipment List is another way for the BAR community to promote, foster and encourage successful and ethical husbandry. Below is a list of member owned equipment and medication that may be useful to other members in an emergency or for short term quarantine or treatment. Please contact the member directly if you wish to borrow something and coordinate with them regarding proper use and care. Please keep the following in mind:
    1. Equipment is for short term use and should be returned within a reasonable amount of time.
    2. All equipment should be returned in the same original condition or replaced with something that is similar of type, brand, and condition.
    3. Just like with DBTC, individual members may place additional restrictions as they see fit.
    Equipment List:

Tanks:
    • 20 Gallon Long Hospital Tank (Location: San Francisco; Member: @Bluprntguy)
    • 5 gallon Invert/Coral Holding Tank (Location: San Francisco; Member: @Bluprntguy)
    • 5 Gallon Glass Tank (Location: San Mateo; Member: @Enderturtle
    • 10 Gallon Glass Tank (Location: San Mateo; Member: @Enderturtle
    • 40 Gallon Breeder (Location: Millbrae; Member: @gimmito)
    • 10 Gallon Glass Tank with Entire Set Up (Location: Hayward; Member: @HiFidelity
    • 20 Gallon Acrylic Tank (Location: Hayward; Member: @HiFidelity
    Filtration:
    • HOB Skimmer (Location: San Francisco; Member: @Bluprntguy)
    Misc Equipment:
    • Fish Trap (Location: Union City; Member @rygh)
    • XL Acclimate Fish Trap (Location: Millbrae; Member: @gimmito)
    • 65 Gallon Rubbermaid Trough (Location: Millbrae; Member: @gimmito)
    • 300 Gallon Rubermaid Trough (Location: Millbrae; Member: @gimmito)
    • Powerheads (Location: Millbrae; Member: @gimmito)
    • Test Kits: Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate, Alkalinity (Location: Hayward; Member @HiFidelity

Medications:
    • Chloroquine Phosphate (Location: San Francisco; Member @Bluprntguy)
    • PraziPro (Location: San Mateo; Member: @Enderturtle

If you have any equipment or medication that you are willing to share with other members, please respond below. I will update the first post as often as possible to keep it current.

Last Update: March 4, 2015 by EnderTurtle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    neuro, denzil and Geneva like this.
  2. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

40 gal breeder
    XL Acclimate fish trap
    65 gal Rubbermaid trough
    300 gal Rubbermaid trough
    powerheads

In Millbrae.

neuro likes this.
  3. Ahruk

Ahruk Guest

I want to contribute a 10 gallon tank for the emergency equipment list but I do not want to keep it at my place. Does anyone want to keep it?

neuro likes this.
  4. I have a battery powered air pump. I'm in Santa Clara.

5. I have a couple of hydor koralia 800gph powerheads and a small pond pump that I've used as a return. I also have a carbon reactor and a all the tools needed to build/maintain a tank. I'm not likely to loan my tools out but I'm happy to participate in a build and respond/support in an emergency

6. Oh... I'm in Bernal heights :)

7. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

20G acrylic tank
    10G quarantine setup (complete setup w/ skimmer, filter, heater and even some PVC hiding pieces) may be borrowed unless in-use which is once or twice a year for me, 20G above can be also used with the rest of QT equipment.
    Meds (I have a box full, I can't list everything but ask and I might likely have it)
    Test Kits - Amonia, Nitrate, Nitrite, PH, Calcium, KH (willing to lend for a day or two to be used to test water a few times)

It would be awesome if we had turn-key quarantines in all major sides of the bay, I imagine this would be a very critical item in an emergency.

Some other things I'm sure that I could add later.

Prince Shah and Geneva like this.