High Tide Aquatics

EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE

I got everything out and all the water out, i am to tierd to do anything right now but I'm taking the day off work to do a leak test outside

Thanks for all the kind words and offers of support.

Right now I have a 75 gal tub with 2 K4's, and a heater, filled with the bulk of my LR and coral. I stuck the clowns, cleaner shrimp and the royal gamma in there as well. I also have my 55 sump(I left the baffles as it didn't really matter when I added all the extra water and they could swim right over the top) with some rics and my tangs, chromis, yellow tail damsel and coral banned shrimp.

I got all the water and sand out of the tank last night. There aren't any glaring issues, but I will be running a water test today, using a towel under the tank and seeing where water comes out. I am going to contact Tru-vu today and I need to go by albany aquairum and have Jim give me proof of purchase.

I talked to Tru-Vu they said since I bought it from a shop I need to go through the shop to return it under warrenty. I am waiting for Jim to get in at albany aquairum to see if he can expidite this process

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Jim, They don't open till 12 and I wanted to try and jump on all this

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6337.msg80969#msg80969 date=1234546285]
Awesome, I think it came through Pan Ocean, so there's another channel beyond Jim hopefully everyone plays nice.
[/quote]

Jeramy you know about this tank? When I called Tru-vu they basicly told me as a customer I can't do anything, do you know anyone there that maybe I could explain the sitution to?

I know that Jim got a bunch of tanks, or had access to a ton of TruVu tanks through Pan Ocean for cheap (as well as the rest of the stores in the Bay Area). I pretty sure that is where your tank came from. Pan Ocean is a wholesaler and won't deal with the public, they do have good service though. It may be that it will have to go through a channel or two to get it replaced or repaired. One REALLY good thing is your tank thread that demonstrates that your stand is solid and the leak most likely is from a defect. Jim will take care of it I'm certain, people take him seriously in the industry.

Also, if the tank was made ~2-3 years ago (I'm not sure of the specific time frame) Weld-on changed formulas of the #s 3-4 and did not make the fabricators aware since most of them make displays and such, not something that holds water. Needless to say there were tank blowouts left and right due to that change.

Man I have wonderful luck for an Irish guy, I get the plumbling removed and start a water test to find where it is leeking and BOOM it starts raining really really hard

here is a couple of pics of my nightmare

the 1st 2 are while the tank still had water, and the last one was an area I thought might be the problem area, but the test was cut short by the rain

That corner does look like something is wrong there with all those air bubbles. It looks like your stand is bare wood and not sealed. Did the water ruin it?

[quote author=alve link=topic=6337.msg81054#msg81054 date=1234560557]
That corner does look like something is wrong there with all those air bubbles. It looks like your stand is bare wood and not sealed. Did the water ruin it?
[/quote]

The stand is in good shape, it is actually sealed ecept on the cut corner and the water damage is superficial. The wood on the outside is mearly a skin, the actual support comes from the 4x4's and 2x4's

I brought the tank down to tru-vu and they applied some heavy glue to all area which could have been the issue. Great customer service, especialy since they did the repair on the spot. I can,t add water until tomorrow so I think I will use this oppirunity to try and get the scratchs out and clean the back wall. I guess I am gonna need a bunch of water

Roc do you have an ro unit? if not take some 5 gallon jugs and go down to your local safeway or whatever and use the water dispensing machine. Thats how I did the fill on my tank! Costs about $1.30 per 5 gallons!

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=6337.msg81118#msg81118 date=1234573144]
Roc do you have an ro unit? if not take some 5 gallon jugs and go down to your local safeway or whatever and use the water dispensing machine. Thats how I did the fill on my tank! Costs about $1.30 per 5 gallons!
[/quote]

Well I have about 75 gallons out of the 150 I will need (from moving the old water out.)

Unfonatly until move the corals from the 75 gal tub I don't have enough containers to mix 75 gallons, so I will most like be fored to buy the water premixed

Back