Jestersix

EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE

When I went through a disaster and had everyting in temp containers, I just mixed directly in the tank (nothing was in there anymore anyways)

Day 3 of the rebuild

I went out this morning and picked up the amazing donation from Chris (Chicken) of 100Gals of premixed salt water and a 150Gal rubber made tub to transport it.

I had to cut my plumbing to get the tank out and down to tru-vu (no unions duhhhh) so I took this chance to re-do the plumbing in a more inteigent manner (meaning adding unions)

When I reinstalled the bulkheads I added some silicon sealent to the nut side as a extra procation.

So far things have been a real pain and the rain is NOT helping at all (but I know we need it).

I have the tank back in place, plumbing is finished. Tank is about 3/4 filled with water but the weather prevented me from getting the water in the tank while it was still warm (chris had it heated and everything), so for right now it's just some LR base with a heater and a couple of powerheads to move the water around.

Tomorrow I will get the rest of the rock in and begin finding out how much of my coral I lost in this big mess.

ALL DONE

Well I'm finished, everything is back in the main tank sans the blue-tailed damsel and 1 chromis as they decided it would be funner to stay in the sump.

total losses so far seem to be at a minium, ORA birdnest from DBTC, green SPS from mario at the swap (I never caught the name) a couple of nice monti caps I got from Badbread, blue/purple sps from Nathan, green millie

I do however have a lot of corals that ain't looking so good, but hopefully they will bounce back.

I love the new scape (pics later in my tank thread)

Thanks to everyone who helped out, offered to help or just sent well wishes, my wife has been on the verge of killing me and she is very happy I am done.

Well it looks like I am getting a ton of micro bubbles in the tank, now 100% sure why, but I did make a couple of mods to the sump, so I need to work on fixing those.

Here is a bad pic of the new scape

[quote author=Roc link=topic=6337.msg81844#msg81844 date=1234826398]
ALL DONE

Well I'm finished, everything is back in the main tank sans the blue-tailed damsel and 1 chromis as they decided it would be funner to stay in the sump.

total losses so far seem to be at a minium, ORA birdnest from DBTC, green SPS from mario at the swap (I never caught the name) a couple of nice monti caps I got from Badbread, blue/purple sps from Nathan, green millie

I do however have a lot of corals that ain't looking so good, but hopefully they will bounce back.

I love the new scape (pics later in my tank thread)

Thanks to everyone who helped out, offered to help or just sent well wishes, my wife has been on the verge of killing me and she is very happy I am done.
[/quote]

Must be such a relief to be done, and still alive. :D

I am glad you got everything back together, and that we still have you in the club. ;D

And the new scape looks great! I look forward to seeing the new pictures. :D

[quote author=chicken link=topic=6337.msg81955#msg81955 date=1234864041]
Good to hear things are doing ok and I am glad I could help.

-Chris

[/quote]

I would say you did more then help Chris, you basicly saved me...................thanks

Thanks Lyn and Adolfo, and Lyn I wasn't going anywhere I still have my son's 2.5 gal pico.....LOL

Back