Jestersix

Empty shells?

I guess I should have seen this coming. One of my teeny-tiny little hermit crabs decided to kill a nassarius snail for his shell.

IMG_9210.jpg

Its almost comical though because the crab is so tiny. Its like a Geo Metro dragging behind a Winnebago. :)

Anyone know if the LFSes sell empty shells? I figure I should probably provide an assortment of comfortable abodes to help reduce the chance of this in the future.

Despite it, I still love hermits. So much fun to watch them amble around looking for treasures.

Yeah I'm sure they'll sell you some empty shells. What type of hermit is he?

My Nassarius snails chase each other, climb up the glass and jump off. Little daredevils!

The slimy little turds they leave on your glass are eggs! Which I just found out recently. :p

They are blue leg hermits. I've had good luck with them being generally good tank citizens in the past.

Hah, yeah my nassarius snails like to go up on the glass too. I'm glad this tank has the top bracing as it discourages them running too far. I had an issue with carpet surfers on my old tank.

Huh, neat, I didn't realize that. I'll keep close eye out for that. Since I have no fish right now they might have chance of surviving.

Back