Jestersix

Euphyllia's 34 Gallon Red Sea Max

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5720.msg90063#msg90063 date=1237420357]
Dude. You brush your teeth every other month? :)
[/quote]

That's only couple times a year.. If I remember..

I'm glad I listened to you guys. I have the caulerpa in a breeder box that I used to use for my fresh water and it grows about 1/4-1/2 an inch a day! I didn't realize I grew that fast.

Not in the main tank able to attach to a rock, but it is in a breeder box thing that is isolated. Should it be removed all together? Can it spread through the water or something?

My jawfishies finished acclimating a few hours ago and when I let the first one out of the bag, it started jumping out of the water and splashing around and darting all around the tank. Then it hid in a cave. The second one did the exact same. Then the first one dug a HUGE hole and went inside of it. The second one hid inside a rock... Will they come out more often as they get used to the aquarium?

How long do you think it will take them until they get used to the tank and come out? Since my clown fish have only seen each other for such a long time, I think they may have forgot what other types of fish are like because when they saw the jawfish for the first time they got scared and then they came back and nipped at one of their fins but luckily didn't do any damage.

Ok. Thanks for that info. I worked on the tank's algae for about 30mins today and I did about a 10% water change afterwards. I went out and got some live rock today too. I broke off some tiny pieces of rock for my jaw fish to use in their holes since they use stuff like that.

My jawfish truly are an official pair! The one that was living in the rock left it's hole in the rock and moved in with the one that dug the hole! They aren't nipping or fighting in any way and they look very happy. They are working on digging their hole bigger right now and they are using the little chunks of live rock I gave them to use for their hole.

After the BAR meeting today I went to the Aquariums Showroom and got two good sized ricordias. One of them is blue and the other is blue, orange, and green. Once I grow a colony (if I ever do) I'll DBTC a couple! :D

Here is a picture of my clownfish sleeping in my anemones at night. The one that is shriveled up and pink is not bleached/dieing. It closes up that way every night and opens up about 8in + like the other big anemone in the picture. They aren't fully opened since it was about 10:00PM when I took the picture and the lights had been off for seven hours.

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC02619.JPG

I got a bunch of things at the BAYMAC! I got a RBTA, a GBTA, four zoa frags that are REALLY pretty and colorful, some caluerpa for my seahorse tank (WHICH I'M SETTING UP TODAY!), and some cheato! I'm going to frag some of the zoas for the frag swap, to sell, and to DBTC.

Good luck with the new tank. Please start a tank thread for it and do take your time and continue to ask questions like you have in the past :)

Back