Reef nutrition

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI

yea before my RSM I was gonna buy one, but since i got mine for $400 and a chiller i couldnt say no. I m gonna try SPS when i get my 90w LED and see if they like it only little frags not gonna waste my money and kill corals. but I like it next is a custom tank by Neptune

Here's a picture of the tank...

mjc00z.jpg

I got another rock at All About Fish to make it even. It's too similar to my other tank's rock structure so I might change it in a few days. :)

eldiablosrt8 said:
i say keep it matt.... looks sweet

I like it but I want something that comes outward more and I'm not sure how I'm going to do that with this structure. I think I'll build upwards and move the arch forwards, then build two more arches in the front on the sides. :)

I got this kick-butt zoa today at Aquatic Collections. One of the nicest zoas I've seen in a long time. I think they still have a few frags of it along with a mother colony that they're going to grow and frag. :)

2hd45z4.jpg

I put it in the place of my Purple Hornets. The Purple Hornets were melting and only two healthy polyps are left. I tossed them in my BioCube 14 to get all the starfish that were eating them away from them. When I put this new zoa next to my Red Hornet it made the Red Hornet look ugly. :D

BTW these zoas are currently in my RSM until my new tank cycles, but I thought I'd post the pictures here since it's going in this tank in a few months. :)

yeah theose are the same ones i got i ended up buying a mini colony from them as well, the color under my leds stand out way more than anything else i got in there

Grats matthew! Take your time and keep on posting :-D If you seed your tank with some rubble from one of your others, your cycling will be sped up a fair bit.

Nice job! I really like that aquascape and would leave it as is. If you add anything more it'll diminish the look and could be too much like a wall. If you don't like it later on you can always add rocks then.

CookieJar said:
Nice job! I really like that aquascape and would leave it as is. If you add anything more it'll diminish the look and could be too much like a wall. If you don't like it later on you can always add rocks then.

Thanks. :)
I guess I won't add anything to the aquascaping since everyone seems to like it how it is, but I am going to add some small, flattish rocks between the current rock structure and the front glass (probably more towards the glass) so that I can keep a zoa garden. I also might add some rics on the bottom eventually.

The tank has been set up almost 27 days now. I went through a diatom bloom for a few days so I added a CUC of 10 blue leg hermits and four different types of snails (Astrea, Turbo, Margarita, Trochus... yes I know the Margarita was a bad decision and I should have done my research.) I plan to add a scarlet skunk cleaner next week along with a blue spot jawfish. I just need to add some more sand for the jawfish. My sandbed is only about 2".

I moved these from my RSM 130 to this tank. They look more red now than they did and I liked the orange color better, but the MH makes the colors pop which makes up for the loss of orangieness. :)

20fuxko.jpg

brr.gif

Back