Neptune Aquatics

Euphyllia's BioCube 29 HQI

I made a YouTube video that focuses on the corals I got at the swap. I picked up: "Slimer", "Bali Green Slimer", "Pretty Pretty Princess Zoas", and a "Palmer's Blue Mille". Afterwards, I ran over to Neptunes and picked up a frag of palys for $20. They are similar to Magicians.

BioCube 29 HQI - New Corals

Slimer
3357dl3.jpg

Bali Green Slimer
j0chsm.jpg

Pretty Pretty Princess Zoas
2iatxfr.jpg

Palmer's Blue Mille
dxbret.jpg

Awesome Palys from Neptune Aquatics
3325myv.jpg

Forgot to post my built-in fuge setup. I purchased a 60w lamp fixture from Home Depot and replaced the bulb with a 14w = 60w 5000k fluorescent bulb. I got enough chaeto to half-fill my built-in refugium.

Lamp setup
2n1rl3s.jpg

Chaeto in built-in refugium
303d3c7.jpg

Hopefully this will slow down the mild algae growth that I have, probably from overfeeding the clowns. The algae issue popped up when I added them. I've cut back to feeding a small portion every two or three days and I've ceased Oyster Feast dosing until nitrates/phosphates/etc. are at or near 0.

Gomer said:
Mr. Ugly said:
Wow, I just noticed you've been with BAR for 3 years now!
And grows acros better than me :p

Hopefully not too much. My tank is completely full of SPS and when the grow more than a few inches I'm going to need to buy new fragging tools. I assume that SPS don't play nicely with each other. More frags for BAR! :D

bmhair03 said:
Euphyllia,
You get my vote for "Come back Member of the Year". Very nice tank.

Thanks. :)

I picked up some mille frags from Diablo Corals on Friday. They had really nice acro colonies but I barely have room for frags, so this is how it's going to be for a while. I removed them from their plugs and put them on some rubble, also from Diablo Corals.

Frags in acclimation...

Lime/yellow...
143es6b.jpg

Blue/green...
2k39u9.jpg

Mr. Ugly said:
sfsuphysics said:
Pretty Pretty Princess Sparkle Zoas FTW!!!!

Aka Rose Nebulas (the "official" name).

:D

Changed that in the original post. :)

Here are the milles in the tank today...

2iqfpr5.jpg

vr79z6.jpg

The blue/green one has red polyps that don't really show up with my camera. The lime green one is exactly the same as my Palmer's Blue Mille, just a different color. The blue one has tiny, short polyp tubes and the polyps are different from the green one.

Found this guy in the tank...

19a8v4.jpg

Never shared this guy. Got him when he was brown, and over time he colored up green/purple. I even saw some blue at one point. Was forced to move him because the cap was blocking his light.

mbmxip.jpg

New location...

339k9qf.jpg

The tips on my A. awi turned purple! :O

33n7tqs.jpg

My orange digi seems to be a Forest Fire Digi.

2jcdklk.jpg

My tank w/ silver polyps bird turned red! The camera doesn't pick up the red very well. I kinda liked it better the other way to be honest, but it may not have been the happiest the other way.

xn8byb.jpg

Bonded with my picasso a bit by letting her nip at my hand. :D

259l6au.jpg

Euphyllia said:
Forgot to post my built-in fuge setup. I purchased a 60w lamp fixture from Home Depot and replaced the bulb with a 14w = 60w 5000k fluorescent bulb. I got enough chaeto to half-fill my built-in refugium.

Haha, I used to use that exact same lamp on my Biocube 29.

Sfork said:
Euphyllia said:

Haha, I used to use that exact same lamp on my Biocube 29.

How did it work out long term?

Back