Reef nutrition

Euroreef Skimmer Mod help?

Hey all,
Another question for you guys and your endless wealth of knowledge.
I have a Euroreef CS100 and have had it for a couple of years now.

Up until now, I have done no mods to it and have sen people attaching what looks like PVC pip to the air inlet.
Does this help with creating more bubbles or what?

My skimmer has not been putting out nearly the skimmate it has in the past. I wish i could contribute that to my crystal clear water, but i don't think this is the case.

I recently took a part the pump to make sure it was not clogged or dirty, and it wasn't

Now I want to possibly try to make one of the PVC things.

Please let me know how to do it, or if anyone has one lying around I would love to try it

I believe what you are looking at is a silencer.

Every few years you need to change impellers as they wear down and come out of round, perhaps it's your impeller.

I did change the impeller and no difference, so that's probably not it.....Gate valve? Is that the thing with the air hose attached to it?

Gate valve mod is where the skimmer returns the water to the sump. The gate valve restricts/regulates the water inside the skimmer.

Gate valve is clear and open got any other suggestions???
I keep seeing this add on piece on top of the air inlet. What is that? Looks interesting???

do you get a lot of bubbles inside the skimmer? How high is the water level inside and outside the skimmer? Have you clean the air intake tube? Any pics?

Yes I get a bunch of bubbles in skimmer... I have raised the water line to mid cup and all the way to the top. Yes I have cleaned the inlet too??????

I'll work on the pics,
But I still don't be seeming to produce much skimmate...

I will only get about a inch for every 3-5 days and that is if i am "Skimming Wet" or dry

Looks like green sludge ??

Any more ideas?

An inch every 3-5 days? I'm lucky if I get an inch in 2 weeks, it really all depends on your system. You could try a larger pump, the neck can handle it (3.5" correct?), however the skimmer body may become overwhelmed. Try and find a pump that draws more air, and less water and you can keep turbulence in the skimmer body down, and hopefully not get any microbubbles in the process.

Back