EVC bulb group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by xinumaster, Mar 13, 2009.

1. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I like blue. What ballast are your running?

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Magnetic in a hami fixture

3. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

Thanks Perry. Can you pm me your number. I'll come pick it up in SC

4. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Hi Hiep. My cell phone is down rightnow, but call me at my work number. PM you now.

5. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

My 14k 400w evc bulbs on icecape are a little yellow for my taste. I like the color on the reflux much better. Anyone have tried there bulbs, yet?

6. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Aw man.. i was afraid of that.. I really like my Reeflux 12K, but i wanted a little bluer. according to Sanjay's site, this should be much bluer than the Reeflux 12K. I'll give it a try this week.

7. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

What ballast are you going to use, Ed?

8. patchin

I have installed two bulbs on magnetic ballasts, one is whitish, one is blue. The white one seems to have greater par.

9. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Hi Steve, can you tell what is orientation (pointed up, down or on the side) of the nipple on the burner? On the reeflux they have to be pointed up.

10. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Perry, i have PFO HQI ballast. I think its going to be yellow to white with my ballast.

If it is, I might just switch back to Reeflux 12k, i really like its color

11. patchin

I had no idea there's a special orintation. I'll check it out.

12. patchin

Couldn't find the nipple? Where is the bulb nipple? Rotated 90* and it looks the same.

13. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I tried three of the bulbs using icecap ballast. One of the bulb is a little yellow to me, but the other two are whitish but with a little bit of blue too. One thing I notice is that it does pop the color on my corals. The brown corals are starting to color up and polyps are extending longer on my sps.

14. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Perry any ETA on the replacement bulbs?

15. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

thanks for the info Perry. My bulbs are due to be replace in June. So, i'll wait until then to try these out.

16. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Hi Ed,
    You should try the bulbs now to make sure the bulbs are working.

Hi Bryan,
    I haven't got the backorder bulbs, yet. We'll you be at the BACFM? I can bring it there if it arrive before May 17.

17. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Yep. I will be there.

18. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

True, ok.. i'll test it out this weekend.

19. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

OK, i just installed it.

Although it is much brighter than my current bulbs (Reeflux 12K). Its a little too whitish/yellow for my taste. Prabobly wont be such a bad idea to use these bulbs for 6 months to produce a growth. Then got back to Reeflux 12K or Helio 20K for a better balance of color and growth.

20. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Removed the new EVC bulbs and placed back the old Reeflux 12k. I think i'm going to stick to Reeflux 12K. I prefer its color vs EVC. EVC has a little more intensity, but then again im comparing it to an old to new bulbs.