Extreme corals group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Fish Boss, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

so I've been seeing these awesome orange with blue tips torch corals on extreme corals, and they are generally around $400. I was wondering if anyone wanted to go halves/thirds/fourths on one of these next time they pop up and split the colony? Or if anyone has seen this color torch before, can you refer me to where I can get a frag? Thanks!

2. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Their pictures are under pretty heavy actinic/blues for the corals to pop. You can find the same corals at Neptune as well as at Aquatic Collection.

Coral reefer likes this.
  3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

I just went and looked at it! I'm in! That's gorgeous!

4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Oh -- maybe I'm not in then.

5. Fish Boss

Fish Boss Guest

I understand they are under heavy actinics, every single one of their pictures pop! But I have never seen a torch with that color combo before at any LFS. If neptunes has had before/will have in the future, I would much rather support them

Coral reefer likes this.
  6. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

I don't think you'll find that color combo at Neptune's. I'm there a good amount (today even). That orange and baby blue is striking.

7. iani

iani Guest

Don't expect to get anything near what you see in their photos. Eric and I know from experience.

Coral reefer, Gablami and tankguy like this.
  8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

This is one of the pictures from their site. Take a look at the coral, which they claim it as being a super rare Aussie super neon green with blue/purple background. Take a look at the background colors and then the baby blue background on the coral. I'd expect this coral to have the same cream/off white base as the other Aussie crown leathers out there. Creams and off whites takes on the blue colorations extremely well.

upload_2016-12-29_10-41-1.png

This is what an Aussie crown looks like from a member on the Boston Reefer forum.

upload_2016-12-29_10-48-31.png

Top is obviously the actinic/blue pic while the bottom is closer to what it looks like when all the lights are on. I typically don't run actinics on my setups and prefer a crisper look to my lights (also never at work when the moonlight cycle is on), but if you do run blues then by all means, go for it.

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I prefer a whiter look too but my sunrise/sunset fades to a deep blue. I've been playing with adding just a hint of red with the blue which shifts the colors kind of cool.

10. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I personally like when just my blues. I like the look of the coral colors much better. Don't most website take their pic under heavy actinic's?

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I think they do it under whatever light makes their corals look the best.

SlickWill613 likes this.