Jestersix

Faux built in tank started!

Not scuffing the starboard is a bad idea.

I couldn't peel it off easily with my finger, but a putty knife got it off quick!

Got some 36 grit disks, and will redo the whole thing.

:D

Good thing you caught that now. Just think about if it lifted up after the fact :D

Lefty said:
Not scuffing the starboard is a bad idea.

I couldn't peel it off easily with my finger, but a putty knife got it off quick!

Got some 36 grit disks, and will redo the whole thing.

:D

Why do you have to scuff it? why is it bad?

Starboard, or cutting board, has a very smooth surface and its hard for the glue to take. Scuffing makes nooks and crannies which allow the glue to bite and hold better.

The gods of curling cause it!

The FSB is done and in the tank -

Here is a general shot of the tank, and the beginning of the framing.

img_5026_142.jpg

sfsuphysics said:
Lefty said:
The gods of curling cause it!
Hmmm they must be the ones responsible for getting that idiotic winter olympic sport in too!

Hey watch it ... I grew up curling. Great sport. Throwing a 40 lb granite rock down a sheet of ice while two nominally sane adults sweep like mad fiends in front of it and the third member of the team screams to sweep harder, all w/ the goal of having said rock curl around an opponent's rock and position itself closer to the button (the center dot) than the other rocks. Amazing :)

Open door, hinges and foil where the vho endcaps meet the door (the door kick-stand is attached to the inside of the door with velcro):
IMG_5217.jpg

Left side manifold and exhaust fan:
IMG_5220.jpg

Back