Kessil

Featured Club Member Photos...Calling all BAR Members!

You've seen the striking photos displayed on our home page and noticed that we need to add some new material. Please help me to kick start a renewal of our Featured Club Member Photo section of our web site. Photos need to be in .jpg format and NOT TOO BIG! I'll post more details about exactly what sized you need to shoot or size to but for now, just start sorting through your bests shots. Macros are good, and great focus is a must. Even if you don't have a bunch of photos now, start using a tripod, use the self timer feature and get some great pictures to share. When you are ready with 3 or 4 or more photos, let me know and we'll pick some candidates to post to our home page. Thanks! This is part of my official duties that I've volunteered to ride for the benefit of all. Everybody should have a few pics in the line up! Even a picture like this could qualify.....
P1010429.jpg

Greg, "You the Man" I'm so looking forward to more pics of your tank and some in the "Featured" section of the site. You have very cool things going on and BAR members deserve to see your "stuff". Remember, all my pics are from a $300 camera snorkel camera. 0:) Heck, I'll swing by your place with my salt water crusted camera and do a shoot with you! Just ask! :davie:

I have four photos that I've chosen out of hundreds. :)
Do you want me to upload them to tinypic.com to resize them and give you the links to them all?

Euphyllia said:
I have four photos that I've chosen out of hundreds. :)
Do you want me to upload them to tinypic.com to resize them and give you the links to them all?
Hi Matthew, should have known you'd be one of the first to "offer up". Thanks very much! What size are your images? I'll update this thread with instructions in the next couple days with what size we need and other suggestions. We want to make it easy for everyone to pick at least a few pics they'd like to offer up for Featured Photo candidacy.

So, for now, just keep them in a folder you can easily find and update with new additions. I'll be uploading them once I get a few more members engaged in saying "Hey John, I've got 4 or 5 of my best tank moments captured in .jpg format and ready to upload!" Remember that even if you have not done much tank photography or don't have a camera that you feel is suitable, other members including myself would be willing to do a photo shoot at your tank when it's ready. I'm able and willing to capture under water shots for folks that have enough room for me to put my chubby hands and camera into your tank. Lucky the camera is very compact. Com'mon guys and gals, lets get the Holidays off to a great start with an updated Featured Photo section of OUR home page. All I need is for you all to pony up some of those great shots you've been hording! :) HINT HINT HINT............. :beer:

Keep 'em coming folks. It will likely take a few days for this to plug into the next stage of sorting and posting. Thanks for helping! :)

Thanks, Gresham for pointing out posting permissions.
Contributing members: As previously posted, keep sorting through your pics. File criteria: Maximum Filesize: 8 MB
Allowed Extensions: jpg jpeg png gif That's what the system can handle. I"ll start posting them this coming week!

OK folks, start landing on our home page from time to time. I just KNOW that you USUALLY land on New Posts page and refresh the All Recent Posts button! Landing on the home page will showcase the Featured Photo picture and I've started uploading....................... :)

Nice goin', Bill. All pics posted to this thread have been uploaded to Featured Photo section. Matthew and Jess, might as well just post your 4 or 5 shots to this thread and I'll upload to Featured Photos from my end. We're off to a great start, let's keep it rolling...... :D

Back