Our mission

Featured Club Member Photos...Calling all BAR Members!

clownNanenome.jpg

DSC_0920.jpg

DSC_0935.jpg

i have more but photobucket is down for me it say website out of memory line ???? damn photobucket

mpoletti said:
If I crop it, it might be missing a chunk for my tank :D
Hey Mark,
You can be sure I am hoping to see some additions to the incredible shots you already have posted. You are on the short list of Members we all look up to as very successful in this sophisticated :glasses: hobby My personal favorite shot of yours is a favia you have named "Mia's Pot of Gold" Man, I wanna frag of that one! 0:) It looks like a Jamaican knit beret

Those of you that have contributed new pics for the Featured Picture on our the Home Page are seeing them rotate among some very nice existing pictures. I'll be watching for contributions and posting as appropriate.

Please be sure the pics you offer are in VERY good focus, have great composition and are what you would consider, "extra special". Let's keep the quality of this slide show top notch as we document and display the successful results of our member's reef keeping skills.

Thanks again for helping to make BAR a world class organization! H)

Thanks John. I've not really taken any pictures lately as I've been working on some projects with the tank.

Brian has been trying to get me to update my thread here since I haven't in awhile. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution :)

mpoletti said:
Thanks John. I've not really taken any pictures lately as I've been working on some projects with the tank.

Brian has been trying to get me to update my thread here since I haven't in awhile. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution :)
Ah don't worry about it Mark. I have seen the changes you have made, forget about everyone else, they can just wonder. ;)

Tumbleweed said:
mpoletti said:

Ah don't worry about it Mark. I have seen the changes you have made, forget about everyone else, they can just wonder. ;)

Weren't they posted on FB?

GreshamH said:
Tumbleweed said:
mpoletti said:

Weren't they posted on FB?
Yes, but those who aren't friends with Mark on FB or follow his RC thread still don't know.

Hey! Facebook pictures are available for streaming to your Roku, Wii or PS3 or similar device. They look great on the big screen and you can browse ALL your friends pictures.......very revealing! lol

sfboarders said:
Damn that ventralis anthias is SIC! You still have it? Hard to take care of?

I don't have them anymore. I had them for about 9 months, doing great, species only tank... then I got a bellus genicanthus that came with marine velvet. Even after QT for two weeks, she brought it in and wiped out all my fish.

If you want Ventralis, you have to be sure to start a tank with no other fish. Also be ready to keep the lights off for a good while. The tank should be on the cooler side, but not necessary. I kept them at 77 degrees at all times. They ate pellets, flake, rod's, everything, about 5 times a day.

I started with 7, ended up with 5 hardy ones.

Back