Kessil

[February 20th, 2016] - Scott Fellman talk on Reef Culture

Park at the Solar Panel Parking Lot. There is a flea market in the other parking lot.

image.jpg

Speaker:
fellman.png

Scott Fellman is an accomplished reefer of 30 years, avid writer and blogger on all matters of responsible reef keeping and previous owner of Unique Corals. Scott has spoken at some of the largest reef keeper events in the United States including MACNA. He has written for magazines, personal blogs and has been a great influence on the hobby. We are proud to have Scott come to a BAR meeting and look forward to receiving a bit of his wealth of wisdom.

Speaker Profile: http://www.macna2010.com/misc/speakers/fellman.htm

Topic: Reef Culture
  • Reef Culture is a new talk that Scott has been giving to a few clubs recently. It will cover two main components.
    • The culture of reef keeping.
    • New techniques and strategies for keeping and growing corals.
Raffles
  • We will be raffling some Unique Corals giftcards, coral frags, and possibly a Triton test kit to BAR supporting members.
Reef Club Members Only
  • Only BAR Supporting Members and its Sister Reef Clubs may attend.
  • We cordially invite members from NVR, CVR, MARS, RARE, CRC, WCR to attend.
Event Information
  • TIME: 12:30PM
  • DATE: February 20th, 2015

map2014web.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I always enjoy reading his blogs/rants.

Hes a great writer and speaker.

Scott will be flying in from the Los Angeles area to come speak for us. Im pretty excited!

:) Wahoo! Scott's 100% confirmed for Saturday February 20th, 2016.

He will be sending up some UC Corals for the BAR raffle and a few Triton Test Kits.

What are Triton Test kits?
ASAP-Aquarium_Triton_Test_Kit_large.jpg

Water is tested for precise concentrations of lesser known elements found in seawater that are either essential and missing, or detrimental and building up to high levels in the aquarium. The elements being tested for include Na, Ca, Mg, K, Sr, B, Br, S, Li, Be, Ba, Ti, V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn, Al, Si, As, Sb, Sn, Cd, Se, Mo, Hg, P (PO4), Pb, I.

Please NOTE the meeting time has been changed to 12:30PM

Last edited:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Looky what Unique Corals sent us for tomorrows Raffle! 8 primo UC frags and two Triton test kits!

If youre coming through and interested in the raffle you have to be a supporting member. I see you guys with your "Guest" titles!!! :p

I am going to acclimate the SPS to my tank because I dont think they should remain in 1/2 cup of stagnant tank water for over 24 hours. Will bring them tomorrow with labeled bags for transparency sake.

Back