Reef nutrition

[February 20th, 2016] - Scott Fellman talk on Reef Culture

Looking forward to the meeting! Will be bringing some cups of rotifers if anyone wants to try this tasty food for corals and inverts.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this event! (FYI....had oral surgery yesterday so supposed to keep mouth shut - no talking or smiling - LOL! Please excuse me if I'm quiet today! See soon!)

Thanks for coming out everyone!

I want to say there was about 40-50 people at this talk. Thank you Central Valley Reefers/Wine Country Reefers for making it to the meeting!

We raffled off 8 UC frags and 2 Triton Test Kits.....I FORGET who won that Superman Monti! It's a beauty! Take care of it!

Also Please post your experience with Triton test kits. Very interested to see what you find out.

On behalf of BAR, I want to thank Scott Fellman for coming out. Definitely an amazing talk with some topics that we all relate to as crazy reefers!

Great meeting! Thanks to Scott Fellman for the great talk, Unique Corals for the awesome raffle frags and Triton test kits, and BAR members for the excellent conversation. Wish I had arrived earlier to talk with people. (Note to self: next time check to see if Chabot is having a flea market on BAR day).

Great presentation by Scott!

It was awesome to see the "Reef trends over time". Got me thinking of how I fell for some of those hook line and sinker at the time. When my original 140g tank was set up in 2005 I had a sand bed. Then when the tank crashed due to a crappy chinese ozone generator nuking everything, I redid the tank and used the dreaded "starboard barebottom approach". I have to say that was my least favorite setup EVER. It turns out half of my tank enjoyment comes from not the big stuff but all the tiny creatures in the sand and live rock. So glad we're seeing a return to saner methods!

Big thumbs up to Scott, Unique and BAR organizers. Having started 'reefing' back in the mid '80s, it was fun recalling all the 'interesting' developments that have been seen over the decades.

Geneva - are you ok to drive? Need a lift?
Thanks, Mo - made it there fine even after having to drive around the flea market folks!! Great seeing everyone - thought the discussion / presentation was helpful and entertaining and the frags raffled at the end was a nice bonus for the winners!! Thanks to everyone that coordinated this event!!

Thank you Scott, BAR and Unique Corals it was a great event! Now to go check my potassium with the Triton kit

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thank you Scott, BAR and Unique Corals it was a great event! Now to go check my potassium with the Triton kit

Hey so the Triton test kit is a one time test that you send to the lab To pin point exactly where your tank is at initially? or how does that work?

Yes, its a good way to check for the trace elements we dont have test kits for. It could be used as a tank diagnosis or if your tank is doing well then you can use the test as a reference point for what trace element levels a healthy tank has.

Back