Filter socks from Filterbag.com?

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by neuro, Apr 13, 2015.

1. neuro

neuro Webmaster

http://www.filterbag.com/NMO150P3P-p173.html

I'm looking to buy a bunch of these 4"x7" 150 micron nylon mesh filter bags, but there is a minimum order for 25.

I don't need $75 worth of filter bags, maybe just 10.

Anyone want to split an order with me?

2. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

I just saw on RC, @YPrc doing a group buy on 150 micron 4"x12" nylon socks if you are interested...

3. neuro

neuro Webmaster

12" is way too long unfortunately!

4. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

5. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i ended up ordering from them anyhow. if anyone is interested, they can let me know how much they want as soon as possible!

also, if we're interested, we could always buy a lot and sell them at our gatherings just like how we sell other needs like glue.

everyone needs filter bags eventually!!

6. gaberosenfield

gaberosenfield Juvenile Chromis over an Acro in the Red Sea

I'd like 2 4x12" filter socks for backups. Where are you located neuro?

7. neuro

neuro Webmaster

it's a little late now unfortunately! they're in the midwest and they're closed.

8. RavenSF

RavenSF Supporting Member

These are the bags I use and they're great. Filterbags.com bags are very well made.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well if you still got a ton of them come the next meeting (that I go to ;) ) I'll buy some off you, great little bags to put over overflow pipes or skimmer drains, helps reduce bubbling in the water column (and as a result salt creep), catches bigger junk but not so much that they become nitrate factories like the tighter mesh. I have 1 that I use when I siphon crap out of the main tank goes right to the sump, so I can suck out all sorts of detritus and other things and it's easy to clean out.

10. gaberosenfield

gaberosenfield Juvenile Chromis over an Acro in the Red Sea

Oh, I thought you were offering some of your extras for sale. If so, I'd buy 2 off of you. If not, then sorry for the misunderstanding :p

Edit: 4" x 7", not 4" x 12"! I misread it the first time.

11. neuro

neuro Webmaster

Just wanted to clarify!

He was extremely reluctant to sell me just 10. I didn't mention it because he has a minimum in order to make any profit so I didn't want people to be calling him asking for smaller orders. I offered to add on to the order provided that people could get to me soon, but that didn't happen.

He said I'd have to put in a full order next time, and I'd be more than happy to do so if BAR or a group buy was the source of funds.

I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from BAR (or me)!!!

I'm willing to field a full order for people, and have them delivered to @Geneva if there is any interest.

Let me know!

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

ahh gotcha, I thought you still had to order 25

neuro likes this.