Financial Reports

Discussion in 'Club Financials & Minutes' started by mray2660, Dec 7, 2013.

1. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

I won't do auctions, but I will drop at least a $20 on raffle tickets, especially if the items are broken out into individual items rather then one box of tickets for all.

I have seen raffles at reef events bring in tens of thousands of dollars. I rarely ever see auctions.

tankguy likes this.
  2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

In 2012 the BOD kept the traditional format of 6 regular meetings and 6 BOD meetings. With agendas and formal meetings, the minutes were easy to do. In 2013 we had something going on for the membership almost every month, which meant that we had few formal BOD meetings and more details were decided online. So there were no meeting minutes. I hope the membership appreciated all the events that BAR put on last year.

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Again, couldn't agree more.

tankguy likes this.
  4. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Yeah I wont do auction either. If i see an item Id like to try and win Id do that. Individual boxes on items is a must

5. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Someone said there was an issue where the club couldn't have a raffle. Well, why not have an individual member "host" a raffle right "after" a swap and then donate the funds to the club... ie, there's no reason not to have raffles.

6. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

Only certain nonprofits and charities are legally allowed to have a raffle. If a member had the raffle it sounds like it would still be illegal.

It looks like the raffle form is a whopping 1 page, requires a $20 fee, and just needs to be submitted 60 days prior to the raffle(s). It has a checkbox for "non profit pleasure and recreation clubs" which would seem to describe the club. What am I missing that is making this so difficult... http://oag.ca.gov/charities/raffles

7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Good question

8. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

wondered that same thing for quite some time

9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

So is the BOD. On this or is this the right direction to fix the problem? Buehler.....buhler.... Anyone?

10. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Well, I can say they are on it because I was helping a bit.

The problem is not that form in itself, but some other paperwork before you can even file that form.

Someone on BOD would have to give detailed status though, not me.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Hopefully someone can figure it out. I never heard any news on it when I was on the board. Really a big deal IMO

12. Please listen to this man!

13. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Thanks for explaining it David, not.
    Luckily I checked the bod meeting minutes and saw that it is indeed at least being worked on. I'll trust in the board to get it done. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

14. Mike, as you may have seen from the BOD minutes, this issue was discussed in closed session at the request of the Treasurer, and specific details cannot be posted on the public forum.

You've expressed a lot of interest in this issue as of late, and are certainly welcome to assist with the paperwork and filings.

15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I've been very interested since the issue came up like a year ago! What needs to be done? How can I help?

16. mray2660

mray2660 Treasurer

The following are the year end financial reports for FY 2013. If you have any questions concerning these reports please let me know.

Regards

Mike

Attached Files: