Neptune Aquatics

Finnex digital heater control. Any good?

Coral reefer

Past President
A client just bought one, I've never used one before. For $100 I'd think it should be good...anybody got any info, experience, or reviews for me? Thanks!

Nope!!! They're garbage IMO... Bought one and only lasted for 6 mos... Called manufacturer said that's typically normal... JUNK!!!

siokoy said:
Nope!!! They're garbage IMO... Bought one and only lasted for 6 mos... Called manufacturer said that's typically normal... JUNK!!!

controller or heater itself?

We employee Finnex heaters in a commercial situation... far greater demand on them then hobbyists will ever place on them. They are used to keep water just under the boiling point. We tend to get over a year on them and in the conditions we put them in, that's a great amount of time.

bought as a package so i discarded both, during the use of this product my tank temperature dip down to ~68 degrees loss a few coral within a week. In my experience dealing with the company was a complete frustation, telling me that i have to replace the heating element every 6 months, So i decided to call them 2 weeks apart got 2 different people each time and both said almost the same thing.

Yes I personally use Ranco. A client bought this one or some reason...sometimes people that don't know what they are doing buy things that I wouldn't recommend. Thanks for the unlit. And for the record inwas talking only about the controller element not heaters themselves.

Back