Our mission

fireman type Monti

I'll be bringing a "fireman" type Monti to the BBQ to be cut on Norman's tile saw. There'll be a few pieces available, I got the colony out of a liverock tank at a chain store believe it or not (for the price of liverock ~$4.00), the rock was from Tonga..

Mike I'm gonna fire you up if you keep making fun of my coral. j/k

Norman, I'm gonna have to agree with you, a bunch came in at the same time. They change color like crazy depending on conditions, a strange beast. When I had it up high it was pearlescent with pink polyps and blue highlights. It's rust colored now b/c it sits on the bottom of my tank off to the side. That's the reason for fragging, it's too dern big for me to give it a prime spot.

Pics? Can't it just remain an enigma, plus it'll completely change in your tank.

Yes it is a cruster

So far only Eileen has made a commitment....

In that case...put me down for one, haha. Here's the one that I picked up as a sunrise (looked like one under some old T5s with the green base...).
D2X_0863.jpg

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2624.msg27251#msg27251 date=1196175847]
who's making fun/naming corals? I'm just describing the day of events :D
[/quote]

I'm just giving you a hard time :D

You know I'm going to accuse you of naming every coral known to BAR :D

So far-

Eileen
IBN (Eric)
Paradox
Xinu (Perry)
Norm

I figgure I can squeeze two more frags out of it.

BTW, I think I'll call it Asst. Monti, or maybe Tonga Liverock Monti.

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2624.msg27284#msg27284 date=1196189392]
Am I too late for a piece ?
[/quote]I'll call you the cut-off point for now, we'll see when we frag if there are anymore. But you get the last piece...

Back