Jestersix

fireman type Monti

Wow that's looking great. I lost mine but based on mine and the other pics this guy has a decent color range, very cool.

WOW! Are you sure you didn't swap frags out :D That looks absolutely stunning, pinkish polyps, greenish base... ziiiiiiiing! Mine still looks like a rusted firetruck monti :D

Ok here's an update of mine, not as stunning but still it's growing, just really damn slow.
monti2jb4.jpg

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=2624.msg56661#msg56661 date=1222396643]
R.I.P. sorry Jeremy........this one met its end down in the depths of my live rock (damn those tuxedo urchins)
[/quote]Do you want another piece? If not don't worry, I'm about to restructure that portion of my tank and can shave a nice piece off.

Mine seems to be going through a transitional phase in its life, changing colors a tad, but not growing too much, maybe I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2624.msg56692#msg56692 date=1222401186]
Mine seems to be going through a transitional phase in its life, changing colors a tad, but not growing too much, maybe I'll snap a picture tomorrow.

[/quote]Hammer it Mike, it will sit there like a begging dog until you really throw light at it (of course ramp it up, don't try and bleach it) ;D

I think I got it, it's on the back end of some rockwork so I don't see it :D Unfortunately my sunset started dying on me shortly after swapping out my lights (my stupid fault) but I don't see why this one wouldn't still be there, here's a picture from last month I took

Did ya lose the piece?
fireenginemh.jpg

I still have a sizable piece, I'm just wondering how it's doing for people and seeing if anyone has colored it up. I'll snap a pic of mine, it's coloring back up after being in a bad spot for years, getting a little blue in the base and the polyps are shifting to to pink again.

I would add it to the monti express that is the top of my rock work. Check to see if I can blast it with LED and get color. The pink and yellow is very different than most of my animals. If it stays brick red then it will be right at home!

Blue base? Oh now you're just making crap up! :D

Only time the polyps have been pink when it was in that bleached out stage for me, it seems in a healthy part of life now though, polyps are a good red color, however much like most encrusting montiporas seems that the older growth isn't as nicely colored as the outer part... when I get the chance I'll thwack it to let the polyps retract and see what color the base is. Looks like the old is a good healthy brown and the edges are a lime green.

Not kidding about the blue, the base turns whitish and the tips of the nodules turn light blue, I think a lot of it has to do with nutrient levels.

Back