Kessil

First BBQ of sprintime!!!!`

Let me know ahead of time if we do plan on having another BBQ. I'll get one of our customers to send Cobia/geoducks/clams/scallops/halibut/what ever so we can have seafood as well this round :)

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3416.msg39438#msg39438 date=1207093728]
Guess you like your scallops w/a bit of brine with it. :D
[/quote]

You know they were not that salty that way. It's not that hard to get all the saltwater out of your mouth before you really chomp into them. I guess I've learned over the years how its best done. heck, I can throw up thru my reg...done it a few times. Nothing like puking 100' down and whatching stuff eat if :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3416.msg39439#msg39439 date=1207093773]
Let me know ahead of time if we do plan on having another BBQ. I'll get one of our customers to send Cobia/geoducks/clams/scallops/halibut/what ever so we can have seafood as well this round :)
[/quote]

Hey, we need to have a potluck at the BACFM BAR table :D

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3438.msg39434#new

Will have to check the schedule.. But potluck sounds good to me as well.. Who's bringing the microwave ? Unless Ian is coming then he'll want 10 dozen warehams to eat on the halfshell!!!

That's doable ^^^^^^ I dfeal with almost all the shellfish hatcheries in the US :D

Norm, serving food not sourced from the venue is usually a no no :(

Which farm? I'm very particular with my sources :lol: Certain ones produce failry muddy tasting oysters but most have great mussels :) I'm just drooling over Taylor Geoducks :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3416.msg39494#msg39494 date=1207155897]
Which farm? I'm very particular with my sources :lol: Certain ones produce failry muddy tasting oysters but most have great mussels :) I'm just drooling over Taylor Geoducks :)

[/quote]Geoducks are awesome, some of the finest sashimi IMO. AFA oysters I buy whatever my supplier says is best at the time ;). Or if I'm up north I go to Tomales Bay Oyster Co. The owner is my good friends in law.

they are still up there... Beau Soleil from canada is farmed I believe as are most of the pacifics.. I prefer the wild warehams and wellfleets.. It's definitely a personal preference thing.. For those that like to chew their oysters for the full flavor and texture will normally prefer the cape cod type oysters over pacifics.. The shooters definitely go for hte pacifics.. Much milder and sometimes fruity and .25 of the size and half the price :)

I will always prefer cape cod clams as well.. Over the florida manilas and such.. Especially for half shell be it little necks, top necks or pastas... It's gotta be something about the colder water.. Same goes for the oysters.. They are my favorite right before the season opens when everything is still frozen over :)

Ok Ian and Eric where are you?? Which ones did you prefer? Hog islands, Kumamotos, which were the two smaller more elongated oysters or the warehams which were the slightly larger more round ones..

I would defintely be interested in some geoducks.. How do you prepare yours Gresh??

It's the same whether you over ate, got seasick, had one too many kamikaze's or listen to talk about seafood.. Just upchuck, Ow, gey gey, puke whatever you want to call it.. It'll always make you feel better!!! I told people that almost everyday for 5 years while I was working on the boats.. It'll always make you feel better..

Back