Our mission

First Tank!

i was wondering how people start a 100+ gallon tank. would be a LOT of trips to a store for SW, or take awhile with mixing. although i guess people with big tanks also have big mixing stations.
You just connect it to the RODI and let it fill most of the way over a couple of days.
Then add salt and mix it in the tank itself.

But I also have a 50G mixing station. Not accidentally matching a full bag of salt.

You just connect it to the RODI and let it fill most of the way over a couple of days.
Then add salt and mix it in the tank itself.

But I also have a 50G mixing station. Not accidentally matching a full bag of salt.

Interesting. Do you add the sand / rock before you mix? Or after you add ro and salt in tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@kinetic just checked out your journal. That’s an impressive algae reactor build! How has it been working so far?

It never overheated! But unfortunately dinos kicked in and I basically turned my reactor off for now. I'm growing chaeto in a bucket for now, and will reintroduce once I'm done algaeciding the crap out of my tank...

Are you getting a bigger tank already? I can probly be convinced to deliver you 100 gal

I really love the look of wrasse fish, and they tend to all be bigger / heavy swimmers. So need a lot more open space. So I’ve been day dreaming about getting a bigger tank. Just waiting till we get our house and all set up before I start investing into a big project.

Update!

Water Tests - 3/30/18
salt - 1.024
temp - 76
alk - 8.4
calcium - 390
mag - 1160

alk went up a little, and cal/mag went down.

Frog Spawn is starting a new head! i can see the second mouth (well i assume its a new head. i dont know much)
gh3HE3v.png

Been growing my pod population, it is now covering everything!
TA4qdGR.png

Black spot on duncan has moved yet again. still have not figured out what it is. maybe a pest. maybe a pod. maybe i am going crazy
Q4VISyU.png

Black spot on duncan has moved yet again. still have not figured out what it is. maybe a pest. maybe a pod. maybe i am going crazy
Q4VISyU.png
Hmmm I’d be concerned about a moving dot. Did you try blowing it off with the baster? Re-dipping sounds like a good idea for peace of mind.

Hmmm I’d be concerned about a moving dot. Did you try blowing it off with the baster? Re-dipping sounds like a good idea for peace of mind.

Over the weekend I ended up getting some bayer insect killer. And redipped the coral. It was indeed a bug, it started squirming around and came off.

Back