High Tide Aquatics

Fish raised in captivity

I currently have 2 clowns and cardinals raised in captivity and I'd like to keep it like that (that applies to corals too).
So where can I get a list of fish that can be raised in captivity? And do we have anyone in BAR/RC community selling any?

Thanks!

Green marine would be a good place to start. Also any of the LFS sponsors can get ORA captive bred fish. You may also want to look into that.

Sustainable Aquatics will be at BAYMAC. They have a very intense selection of Captive Bred and Captive Reared(raised). Currently they are the only ones offering captive reared Pac Blue Tangs and Yellow Tangs.

Captive Reared is when they get the fish at a super super small size, not larval, and tank rear them until they are of size for a hobbyist to take care of.

I would be interested in a small Yellow Tang and maybe other fish.
Sustainable Aquatics web site is hardly useful. Are they local?

Green Marine is kinda far from me but I was planning to pay them i visit and get a bunch of frags from them anyway.
So hopefully will do it after I get my new tank.

Are they local? You looking at the same website? http://sustainableaquatics.com/

Sustainable Aquatics
110 W. Old Andrew Johnson Hwy
Jefferson City, TN 37760

No they are not local. If they were local you'd probably here about it given they are the second largest MO hatchery in the USA ;)

Back