Our mission

Fish Wish List

Well my wish list starts with a much larger tank first :D

Then I'm partial to the Chevron tang (both juvenile and adult colors), the chocolate yellow mimic tang (mostly for the adult colors), I do have a liking of the flame wrasses, but at the price they still go for I'm happy enough to pass on them.

*Tank Bred Angels--I'm hoping they become available again soon.
*Tank Bred Sea Urchins--I hope that Martin Moe starts selling them commercially.
*Tank Bred Tangs--Its a long ways away from reality but hopefully they finally crack the code on this species and figure out how to breed them.

patrickb said:
*Tank Bred Angels--I'm hoping they become available again soon.
*Tank Bred Sea Urchins--I hope that Martin Moe starts selling them commercially.
*Tank Bred Tangs--Its a long ways away from reality but hopefully they finally crack the code on this species and figure out how to breed them.

Martin has no intention of selling them (reef restoration project) from talking with him last month. Some were auctioned off at MACNA though :)

Achilles Tang (Can't get due to likely aggression with Blue and Yellow tangs)
Orange/yellow Angler (Can't get cuz I don't want to deal with live feeders)
Candy Basslet (Expensive!)
Cubicus boxfish (Don't want my coral nipped)
Pipefish, seahorses (Been there, loved them, but won't do them without a dedicated species tank)

Sigh. Well, it's a *wish*list anyways...

hiepatitis said:
I'd buy that achilles if they weren't so finicky. Everyone I've talked to said they didn't have success.

I've had my achilles for almost a year now. For a long time he only ate algae/nori. I got him on pellets after a couple months but he still doesn't eat mysis.

Is this your first achilles?

Eric, how about some common names man. Too many scientific names for me. And don't forget to stop by for some frags. I owe you for helping me out when I was in China

hiepatitis said:
Is this your first achilles?

Eric, how about some common names man. Too many scientific names for me. And don't forget to stop by for some frags. I owe you for helping me out when I was in China

Ibn said:
Centropyge resplendens - Resplendent Angelfish (no more ever coming...off limits for export/collection IIRC)
C. interruptus - Japanese Pygmy Angelfish
C. debelius - Blue Mauritius Angelfish
tiny C. joculator - Cocos Pygmy Angelfish
Paracentropyge boylei - Peppermint or candy striped angelfish (keep dreaming on that one...$15K and only a handful ever collocted)
Candy basslet

Hiep, most those don't go by common names in the trade since they are super hard to get. They do have common names but as you can see they are either where they are from or the species name :)

Sanjay and Rich just both picked up some Candy basslets..
candy-basslet.jpg

No I didn't :lol: Look harder my friend :p look at the last pic in my series.... it's the same one you posted :lol:

So that's where that candy went to...

Yeah, I'm hoping that RCT starts up again, especially with those resplendents. Call it an overprice flameback or whatever, but I likes. :D

insane as juvi but they do get fairly big and IMO kinda ugly at larger sizes.

Back