Kessil

Fixing a Hamilton ballast

Does anyone have any experience or know someone who could fix a Hamilton ballast? I purchased a 250W ballast through RC and when I got it, the internal portion of the ballast wasn't bolted down and went for a ride on it's journey to SF from the midwest. I've tried to get my money back from the seller but it's not worth my time anymore. She claims it was brand new and although it may have been when she shipped it, it sure as heck doesn't look new anymore. Not sure if it still works properly and just needs to have things cleaned up a bit. But just wondering if anyone out there can help me out.

Thanks!

Any chance you can snap a pic? I'm interested to see just how banged up it got in transit :) Being how heavy their are I could see some real damage being done.

Yeah, I'll snap a pic and post it when I have some time. There are some major dents in the housing and it looks like the bolts were actually ripped out of the housing. I knew I was screwed when I picked up the package and almost dropped it when the weight shifted from the actual ballast rolling around...

Here are a couple pics of the ballast. Most of the damage is where the screws that hold the ballast in place were ripped out.

Ballast001.jpg

Ballast002.jpg

Seems to be more cosmetically; any damage to the transformer or wiring that you can see?
I would just bolt it, plug into power (on a GFCI) to check if it works or not.

No wiring damage that I can see. And hopefully it still works just fine. Just was a little peeved to open the package to see it in this type of condition considering it was "new."

Back