Cali Kid Corals

Foam around all pumps, WOW!

kinetic

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

So if you read on my tank journal, my sea hare unfortunately went through my vortech a few days ago. Super sad! I guess it was my fault, I didn't realize he would actually go through it =(

So anyway, I filter socked my return drain, my skimmer output, chiller output, GFO reactor output, and put the foam over both vortechs... and HOLY CRAP, my tank is completely free of microbubbles and loose stuff flying around.

Yes things are going to collect in the filter socks (2 of them) and the foam covers over the vortech, but the price to pay for cleaning them out to get basically crystal clear water is quite amazing.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow =)

I put on the foam cover over the vortechs when I first got my sea hare, but I have to take them off everytime when I feed, or most of the food got sucked onto the foams. I eventually gave up and don't put on the covers anymore. Cross my fingers that the sea hare will not get into the vortechs.

tonggao said:
I put on the foam cover over the vortechs when I first got my sea hare, but I have to take them off everytime when I feed, or most of the food got sucked onto the foams. I eventually gave up and don't put on the covers anymore. Cross my fingers that the sea hare will not get into the vortechs.

mine didn't get in them for a long time, but then I caught him going on the back glass a lot more, and then boom, through it he went. I'd highly suggest putting them back on =/

I will definitely keep them on for peace of mind. I like sea hares too much, and they keep my tank free of algae (I'm ok with lots of PO4 hehe)

Back