Cali Kid Corals

For those that have owned an Orange-Spotted Filefish...

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
... what tank did you have him in and with what other tankmates?

Mine is currently in my Nem tank which I'm shutting down. He eats voraciously, but the only other fish in their with him are 6 small clowns. I'm concerned moving him to a tank with larger and faster fish may be an issue. Thoughts?

28 gallon, firefish and goby. I personally think they are probably fine in community reefs, I read of someone who kept a pair in their 300 gallon SPS tank and they lived off of his acros and didnt eat any frozen.

Mine was with other wrasses ( Labouts , Male Leopard , Radiant ) with zero problems. Until it got to close to HOB intake tube. By the time I got to it it was just about gone. Bummed as it was eating frozen

If I feel it's fair to the fish I'll be moving mine to a tank with Tangs, a melanarus wrasse, couple of hawkfish, blue-jaw trigger, maroon clown and a few anthias. The Maroon might be an issue, but he sticks to his place pretty well. Anyone think theree's an issue with the more aggressive tangs?

The maroons are gonna make an example of any other clownfish... you might need to take them out, mess up your aqauscape and then re-introduce them all at once... still probably a bit of a brawl but higher chance everyone survives...

BTW, I keep a lot of other filefish (just not orange spotted ones) but never any issue with them and others. They tend to just mind their own biz...

The maroons are gonna make an example of any other clownfish... you might need to take them out, mess up your aqauscape and then re-introduce them all at once... still probably a bit of a brawl but higher chance everyone survives...

There are no other clownfish. Just a single maroon.

Back