For users of the Hanna Calcium checker

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Vhuang168, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

If you ever hated doing that 0.1ml tank water dose. Hanna released a pipettor to dispense that 0.1ml accurately.

http://hannainst.com/graduated-pipette-100-l-hi731339p.html

I found out about when I was at Neptune Aquatics last week and noticed that the case for the Calcium checker got really big. Saw the pipettor in there and went looking for the part number. Ordered it and just used it. Definitely makes it easier.

I also went ahead and ordered a 1-10ml adjustable pipettor from Amazon. So now no more squinting at tiny graduated lines on a small syringe!

2. definitely makes it easier.

3. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I got my Hannah Ca test kit only a couple months ago and it was a much larger case and it did have the .1 ml titrator.

4. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

Does Neptune aquatic sells Hanna test kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

You can call them :)

6. Vhuang168

No you can't.

@Edgar Sandoval

if you mean reagent refills then yes. They have the complete checkers as well since that's where I saw the calcium checker with the pipettor.

7. How accurate is the calcium test from Hanna? Has anyone done a comparison with other kits?

8. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

No calls or emails lol. You can email them but they won't reply

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I remember brs doing a video on this I think. I think it said results were equally as accurate as the others as well as the complexity of their procedure. The video made it seem as though it was pretty much equal in all regards so I stuck with what I had and waited to run out of reagent before switching over.

10. Is the Calc checker procedure different than the Alk procedure (which takes 30 seonds or so?)

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Oh yeah.

12. Vhuang168

1ml of reagent. Add 9ml of rodi.

C1

Add 0.1ml of tank water. Add powdered reagent. Shake to mix.

C2.

13. So frankly not a lot different than other test procedures -- except you have to draw from a RODI source as well as tank water.

14. Vhuang168

The main difference is I get a number.

15. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

I have a hanna cal. checker I'm willing to sell for $40
    it's too complicated for me.

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Did you think it was really more complicated than others? The easiest kit I had was the API but I was unsure of its accuracy.

17. I think the salifert is easy. Takes 2 or 3 minutes is all and you get a number.

18. Vhuang168

Don't you get a color?

19. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

I did the same thing...I have two pipettors, one for 0.1- 1.0 ml and the other 1-10 ml. I even got tired of filling up the vial to the 10 ml line.:p

20. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

Now that's not nice...lol. I reply to legit questions. Not price shopping questions. I stopped answering those a long time ago. Come on in and I'll give you a price and give you all the help you need.