Forest green with bright green eyes Favities

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by tuberider, Oct 9, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Figured this thread needed a picture of the coral. I had this initially in low light (under my SPS rack) for about a month, then moved it out to medium light. It is spreading and is really healthy looking but hasn't sent out any feeders/sweeper tentacles yet. The colors are interesting. How is it looking for others?

[​IMG]

2. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4783.msg64442#msg64442 date=1226797429]
    Figured this thread needed a picture of the coral. I had this initially in low light (under my SPS rack) for about a month, then moved it out to medium light. It is spreading and is really healthy looking but hasn't sent out any feeders/sweeper tentacles yet. The colors are interesting. How is it looking for others?

[/quote]

Wow mine doesn't have sparkles like that, I'll snap a pic tomorrow.

3. TimTen

TimTen Guest

oh wow, that favia is great. I love the sparkles.

4. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

That's awesome looking.

5. LeviT

LeviT Guest

It's all about the macro shot :) I can't get mine that close up but since I am past due for a pic, here you go.

[img width=1000 height=599]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/BAR%20pics/favitiesdbtc02.jpg[/img]

6. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Well I'll be dipped, mine does have sparkles, I've got to stay out of the sun my cataracts are getting eyes. :D

[​IMG]

7. alve

alve Guest

Wow, very nice pictures!

On the piece I got there was one mouth separate from the rest so I got out the dremel today and cut out a piece of rock around it and mounted it on a frag plug. If anyone is interested in ONE ;D mouth I can bring it to the December meeting.

8. alve

alve Guest

My picture taking skills are horrible but here is a picture of the "one mouth frag" I can bring to the Dec. meeting if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

9. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Hi Alve,

I'd like to give it a try. :)

10. alve

alve Guest

Sure Lyn, I will bring it to the meeting.

11. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Thanks Aldie! :)

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I have 3 frags of this each with (iirc) 3 or more mouths that were isolated enough from the main cluster to easily fragg off.

usual reqs:
    pick a number.
    dec meeting pickup
    tank thread

1. Timten
    2. Bad Bread
    3. bluetang_2000

13. TimTen

TimTen Guest

going to have to go with lucky number 1

14. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

alrighty then!

15. badbread

badbread Guest

If there is still a frag, I pick number 5, I couldn't figure out the answer to the Dio question without cheating... :)

16. Can I take one too? I'll pick 7. Not sure if I am qualify as my tank was set up before I join BAR, so I don't have a journal.

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Start up a thread :) It doesn't have to be from the beginning.

18. Thanks for the suggestion, Gomer. tank journal started.

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=5459.msg67762#msg67762

19. Now that I meet the reqs, can I have a frag during the dec meeting? Thanks Gomer

20. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

If one left id love it ~smile