Our mission

Forgot the name of this coral

So this coral is supposed to be greener but its kinda tan right now. it has some big poylps. and it grows like a tree.
DSCF1691.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

Thanks

nudibranch said:
It looks like Branching Galaxea.

No such thing, it's not truly a Galaxea spp.... it's a Archohelia horrescens... some call it a branching galaxea as a common name.

If you google galaxea horrescens then it will pop up but if u try googling archohelia horrescens it doesn't show. It's pretty cool and I guess deadly towards other corals. It has sweepers when bigger that can reach far away from the coral. I have moved it's spot to less light and flow. It is also isolated now. So when I get back from vacation and it's bigger I'll put some on the dbtc and I'll post everything I read to make sure people know it's not a friendly coral lol.

Mr. Ugly said:
I saw it at Jim's house. We just called it "Gresham's coral" or "that coral from Gresham" or something like that :D

:lol: I think he calls a few that :lol:

I really should get at least some frags from my corals... one of these days :)

I wasn't referring to the name as o it must be true. But a quick search to find out what this coral requirements are and not knowing Jen veron, I go to a site that helps most of the time. And not having the coral guru book at hand kinda use what means I can.

slim_jim989 said:
If you google galaxea horrescens then it will pop up but if u try googling archohelia horrescens it doesn't show. It's pretty cool and I guess deadly towards other corals. It has sweepers when bigger that can reach far away from the coral. I have moved it's spot to less light and flow. It is also isolated now. So when I get back from vacation and it's bigger I'll put some on the dbtc and I'll post everything I read to make sure people know it's not a friendly coral lol.

OMG you just made me spit my OJ all over my keyboard. Google said it, it must be true :lol: :lol:

We have two in the DBTC all ready :) I think one was named Battlestar or something like that.

Back