Frag Contest 1: BBQ Yellow Milli

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Dec 2, 2007.

1. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Only sea monkeys, you hate mime monkeys I hear :D

[​IMG]

Can you train them to clean your tank, kill the red bugs and flat worms and frag your coral for you? Hmmmm......

2. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Sorry for the delay and for the bad pictures

1. Placement: Mounted to live rock about 3/4 up tank
    2. Flow: Tunze 6100; Korillia 4; Tunze 6045 Nano Stream
    3. Lighting: 2X 250watt 10K Reeflux with VHO Super Actinic supplements about 10" from water surface. 7 hours a day currently halides 8 hrs a day VHO.
    4. Water parameters: Ca 400 Alk 12dKH
    5. Salt Mix: Oceanic
    6. Source of fresh water: Spectrapure MC-RODI-180 180 GPD MaxCap RO/DI System
    7. Control: CA Reactor
    8. Temp: 74-77 degrees: Phosban Reactor with Phosar HC; bare bottomed tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

A little better shot I took tonight of my frag with the polyps retracted.

[​IMG]

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Alright guys, time for another update! Please update with any changes to the conditions of the environment it is in, or how it's doing now. Please do this by Monday January 21st, 2008.

Please post a picture too if possible.

5. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Well I had to spin mine around a couple of weeks ago when the IC gel gave way in case you notice it's back wards. Also, I've been struggling to keep my calc up and I just ran out of tests and calcium so I have to run to the LFS. Not to mention my cheap camera battery's are dieing so it's a little fuzzy. Man I have tons of excuses today :D

edit: updated pic
    [​IMG]

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Hey everyone, even I'm tardy at updating. With all the DBTC craze going on, I think we'll need some more incentives. For now please update if you can =)

7. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Thanks for the reminder Art. I'm not seeing any growth on mine. I got a fairly small frag and I've had to remount it twice but it's nice and stable now. No new pics, still looks the same.

8. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Starting to encrust a bit.
    [​IMG]

Here's what it looks like in the tank; still holding it's color, especially the side facing the light.
    [​IMG]

9. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Another month goes by.

Top down showing the encrustation. You can totally tell which side faces the light.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

anyone else want to update on how their's is doing?

10. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Well, is there a winner? You guys should have some mini colonies by now!

11. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Mine is already a mini colony probably about 10 to 15x bigger now.

12. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

my frag tank had a mini crash, all is lost except those crazy freakin armor of gods which are bulletproof =)

13. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Come to the frag swap. We'll fill your tank again.

14. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2650.msg50929#msg50929 date=1217869217]
    my frag tank had a mini crash, all is lost except those crazy freakin armor of gods which are bulletproof =)
    [/quote]

Ouch.. Sorry to hear that Art.. :-[

15. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

no worries guys, the ELOS is still doing well so my prized frags are alive. Fish are still alive too. I'll probably have to miss this swap though, I am in the process of moving (not yet, but looking for a new place in san francisco), so lots of stuff to do, and don't want to introduce new corals until the move is done (a few months).

Anyway, back on topic. Post updates of your milli!

16. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Lost mine awhile back as well, so no more pictures from me. Good luck on your search for a new pad, Art.

Let's see some pics of these mini colonies!

17. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Man maybe I should have gotten in on that deal you guys were doing, here I was worried about my algae issues killing the coral :D Although Jeremy's firetruck monti that no one wanted that I grabbed is doing fine.

18. tuberider

tuberider Guest

We must have a winner by now....

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Would be cool to have everyone who still has a frag post the starting and final growth shot :-D

20. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Mine is way behind the back. Hard to get picture of it. Can't do top shot too because of the 1" thick brace.