Frag Contest 1: BBQ Yellow Milli

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by kinetic, Dec 2, 2007.

1. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=2650.msg65108#msg65108 date=1227113479]
    Mine is way behind the back. Hard to get picture of it. Can't do top shot too because of the 1" thick brace.[/quote]
    Hmm.... I think you finally have an excuse to build an acrylic box so you can lower your camera into your tank :)

Sadly, mine kick the bucket a while back. :(

2. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

The milli is underneath the center brace. Only an underwater camera will work.

3. alve

alve Guest

Jeremy has one ;D

4. Thales

Thales Past President

Mine has receded to only a few polyps. :(

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=alve link=topic=2650.msg65117#msg65117 date=1227114341]
    Jeremy has one ;D
    [/quote]

Not this Jeremy, I was already chock full of coral at that point, I brought coral to the BBQ to get rid of :D

6. alve

alve Guest

I meant Jeremy has an underwater camera. Xinumaster needs an underwater camera to take a picture of his Milli :)

7. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

That's okay, alve. I'm just gonna partially drain the tank so I can take picture of the mili ;D

8. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I seriously doubt if I am the winner. Mine has to be the slowest growing millie I have ever seen. It does however have 5 "branches" or more likely tips and is about the size of my thumb from tip to the joint. Will try to post up a pic when the lights come on later today.

9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Man I should have gotten in on this, seems like even my crappy setup at the time would still keep me in contention:)

That being said only coral I left with that day was the monti that Jeremy was chopping up and there were like 4 pieces left and no one wanted them, so I took one, I do like the color on it too :D

10. seminolecpa

Ok here is the most recent shot of the milli. Colors came out a bit strange in the pic

[​IMG]

and here it was about 11 months ago

[​IMG]

11. iani

iani Guest

What color is it really right now?

12. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I think mine is about a few times bigger than on the first pic.

13. seminolecpa

It is pretty close to the color in pic 2 maybe a little paler green but with the polyps extended it looks alomst brownish with greenish yellow tips. WB is way off in the first pic but I took it before all the lights were on.

14. tuberider

tuberider Guest

So far it looks like Bryan's ahead, Perry has not provided us with any evidence that "his is bigger" :D

15. seminolecpa

It's not the size of the coral that matters it is how well you photograph it!

16. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Mine fell and was demised

17. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Darn! My word is no longer valid here. >:(

Alright, I'll take pictures tonight.

18. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

After I accidentally soak my camera lense in sw trying to take a top down shot I finally have a picture. Luckily it was just a point and shot camera I used. Here is the picture of the yellow milli. It is behind that green slimmer. It looks brown in the picture but actually yellow in person. It was really so hard to take a picture of the millli cause it way behind the back and under the center brace.

[img width=1000 height=916]http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/gallery/72_20_11_08_10_11_40.jpg[/img]

19. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Looks like you're ahead Perry!!

20. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

yeah did that puddle out that much with 3 separate branches closer and a cluster farther back?