Neptune Aquatics

Frag dipping regimen

Right now, I just do a visual inspection + providone dip. I might do interceptor for regional fragswap items though. Good thing I have the 10g still!

Wow... nice write up guys.. Some good info thanks.. BTW I'm new to the site and will be attending the swap... hello everyone!

[quote author=bluetang_2000 link=topic=451.msg71243#msg71243 date=1230060029]
Anyone use the revive by TLF?
[/quote]

I love it, in fact I really don't use Providone anymore, providone really seems to stress the corals out.

Good question, the bottle assumes you're going to dip an elephant or something, I use 5ml per pint.

I have a specimen container (the large Lee's) with marks on the sides one side for TMPCC where each mark indicates 1 squirt, the other side has marks for how many mls of Revive to use that way I don't have to think :D.

I dip my elephant every week thank you :) How else are you going to control elephant bugs?

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=451.msg71265#msg71265 date=1230071833]
Is Revive the stuff that smells like PineSol?
[/quote]

TLF Coral Revive is the stuff that smells like PineSol, not to be confused with Revive which is a "Equilibrium" branded product for treating Tropical fish water.

Yep, the pinesol smelling stuff.

I need to track down a source for the active ingredient.

I like the Coral Revive even more than povidone, but I use both.

0.5% oleum abietis
(fir pine oil..why it smells like pinesol ;))

0.5% citrus limon
(lemon peel oil)

I bet you can get them from an incense type of company

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=451.msg88999#msg88999 date=1237184446]
0.5% oleum abietis
(fir pine oil..why it smells like pinesol ;))

0.5% citrus limon
(lemon peel oil)

I bet you can get them from an incense type of company

[/quote]

Can I ask how you guys determined what the active ingredients are? I'm sure I missed a cool thread somewhere on here, or RC or somewhere else... Or maybe one of you guys is a chemist and has really cool lab equipment? ;)

Orrrrr... I could just look at the back of the container and read where it says what you wrote... ;)

Olbeum abietis is as far as I can tell, is generic "oil of pine". Time to hit up the holistic/herb/aromatheropy type of places.

we[quote author=petes97 link=topic=451.msg89003#msg89003 date=1237185030]
Can I ask how you guys determined what the active ingredients are? I'm sure I missed a cool thread somewhere on here, or RC or somewhere else... Or maybe one of you guys is a chemist and has really cool lab equipment? ;)
[/quote]

its public domain info :p posted on the bottle. And...we also both dabble a little bit in chemistry stuff.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=451.msg89006#msg89006 date=1237185210]
we[quote author=petes97 link=topic=451.msg89003#msg89003 date=1237185030]
[/quote]

its public domain info :p posted on the bottle. And...we also both dabble a little bit in chemistry stuff.
[/quote]

Argh... you beat me to my own self realization of stupidity, which required me to get out of my computer chair and walk across the house, and pickup the bottle and look at it.

Back