got ethical husbandry?

"Frag Mags"

Oh Jim :lol: BTW I'd go for Reef Life over C Journal :) Oh and Ultra Marine (UK)

Sorry Jeremy never used any brands myself only ones I've made.

They are pretty small. maybe the size of three quarters stacked on top of each other. I think it would be a nice way to open up some new real estate in your tank.

I used to use many of them on my overflows, and used to really like them since they fill up the empty spots. But once the small frags grew up, the mag plug cannot hold the weight at all, and they fell off left and right. Even for the massively ecrusted ones, since they encrust on a very smooth surface, the encrusting came off very easily and does not help holding onto the wall. I and down to last one on such a plug now, and do not plan to use them anymore in the future.

Try to find a picture with a good sized colony on it, and I think you will have a hard time.

Thanks for the advice Tong, I don't plan on having anything too big on them, the space that I have is pretty tight. I mostly want to mount a few tabling corals that really need flow around the entire frag. I figure that when my existing corals will outgrow the tank before the ones on the frag mags get too big (I hope...).

Bryan those are pretty sweet, now I really have to stop by!

As long as you are not expecting big colonies hanging off them, you will like them. Btw, I still have 2 used ones that you can have, let me know and I can bring them to the farmers market in a couple of weeks.

Back