Kessil

Frag plugs

That being said, if I do keep making these, I will switch to white or Portland cement and soak it in rodi for a few weeks. N400 is about $50 a bag and is a pain in the ass to get (I went through my buddies business). Portland cement is only about $8 for the same amount and is a lot easier to work with for this purpose.

Right so do you cure the concrete in fresh water for a couple days or just directly into your tank
Portland cement and white cement need to be soaked in freshwater or it will affect ph in a reef tank.

N 400 doesn't need to soak, it's fine to go straight in. It's commonly used for aquascaping rocks together.

Portland cement and white cement need to be soaked in freshwater or it will affect ph in a reef tank.

N 400 doesn't need to soak, it's fine to go straight in. It's commonly used for aquascaping rocks together.
Oh ok got you
So used the wrong word you really just meant n400 and not concrete

I got my delivery of $150 worth of silicone. Messed up the first two molds I poured (didn't think the positive mold 3d print was going to float in the material).

Im not happy with the round frag plug mold but I did a set of castings anyhow just to see. The model mold did the same thing but my intervention did more harm than good.

Made a skull for holding torch frags.
5b20c388a589e29903e2ccbc55c72eaa.jpg
eb814df48852c702d6b8ffdcf6e9a236.jpg

Back