got ethical husbandry?

Frag Rack.

Hi everyone,

I want to make a frag rack for myself and I want to learn how. Does anyone know what I need? I know I need a shelf, drill or light diffuser, and a some magnets, but where can I get these stuff?

Diffuser, I heard I can get it at home depot, or hardware stores... is it true?
-If I decided to paint the rack, what kind of paint can I use to be safe in reef?
-how would I prep it?
Magnets, where can i get a rust free magnets or how can I make it rust free?
bonding them, can I used super glue instead?

It will probably cost you more in $ after factoring in driving/gas and shipping to DIY it. I just got my racks from Robert @ Neptune instead at ~$25 each

http://Frag-A-Rack.com Designed by a local hobbiest.

I just bought myself a Frag-a-rack from the site. I can't wait to use for my new babies(Fluorescent Green Stripe Mushroom) that just grown out from a single frag and my first eagle I frag. I'm so excited... Damn 34 bucks though... OUCH! on my bank.

Floating or non floating cleaning magnets I have used; the cheapest Odyssea ones, just glued some black eggcrate and that's it.
Not fancy but works.
If I spot an aquarium magnet at a sidewalk sale I just buy it, they are useful things.

P1020987.jpg

P1020988.jpg

xcaret said:
Floating or non floating cleaning magnets I have used; the cheapest Odyssea ones, just glued some black eggcrate and that's it.
Not fancy but works.
If I spot an aquarium magnet at a sidewalk sale I just buy it, they are useful things.

P1020987.jpg

P1020988.jpg

:D I like how you think! Same way i made my frag rack.

nanocube-boy said:
great work... Where did you buy the eggcrate at?

TAP Plastics in SF, they sell the full sheet but if you need a small piece I can give it to you.
Used Weldon 16 to put it together.

Thx Romel !

On another note and way off topic, the big mag floats you can stick one of them to the bottom of a car's oil pan, it will attract small metal particles that might in the long run damage the engine.

nanocube-boy said:
I just bought myself a Frag-a-rack from the site. I can't wait to use for my new babies(Fluorescent Green Stripe Mushroom) that just grown out from a single frag and my first eagle I frag. I'm so excited... Damn 34 bucks though... OUCH! on my bank.

Coulda saved some money getting it from Neptunes!

Can't remember how much it was but not sky high; I can share some, enough for a couple. Nice thing is you can make it as wide and deep as you can .

Yeah, that's my little car.

GreshamH said:
Coulda saved some money getting it from Neptunes!

I live in S.F. Neptune is in Milpitas, ca

xcaret said:
Can't remember how much it was but not sky high; I can share some, enough for a couple. Nice thing is you can make it as wide and deep as you can .

Yeah, that's my little car.

That's a nice classic car, have you place in shows like, GoodGuys car show?

I've been to the GG show but car needs work to be considered show; I just like my old car.
Don't drive it anymore since I have a carport at the place we moved. A "Lady" hit the rear of the car and does not want to pay, took her to court, won but til this day I don't see a penny...
54 Sixty Special 65K+ original miles, AT, AC, PW, PS, PStr. PB

Thx

Back