Frag Swap Containers

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by bareefers, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I have located a source for clear acrylic jars, they have a screw top closure with a foam seal to eliminate leakage, they are by the case only, theses are completely clear and are fully reusable, and are better quality, cost and leakage resistance than the home storage ziploc/rubber made brands, I have looked into clam shell designs and they are slightly cheaper, they are not leak resistant and would not provide a satisfactory product,

Pictures are included in file. A flat shipping fee of 30.00 applies to all orders. Min Quantities and prices are on the spread sheet.

2. Thales

Thales Past President

Thanks Nicholas. My brian hurts right now, so I'll look at this soon. :D

3. racrumrine

racrumrine Guest

Nicholas:

Did you ever consider the types of containers they use at Deli's?

Depending on who I talked to, I got 8oz and 16oz ones with clear lids that were completely leak proof for 10 to 25 cents each. What I liked about them is that the lid is totally clear so you can look into them from the top.

Thanks for doing the research on frag containers.

Best of luck,

Roy

4. bareefers

bareefers BOD

no they are not leak proof, not the ones I tested, and they are only semi-reusable, these are dish washer safe, I am trying to find clear lids, will post if I do, but the plastic is the same as the deli containers just thicker. there is a variety of plastic containers on the market, but only a small amount is food safe, and inexpensive.
    would the club sell these to the members, or receive a deposit? or eat the cost? there are the decisions of the BOD needs to make.

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It's against my personal policy to download .XLS spread sheets from anyone but my company, sorry. Got a link?

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

They're basically specimen jars similar to this
    [​IMG]

Me personally I'll stick with the gladware type containers, they're anywhere from $1 to $2 for 4, and being as more and more people are using them at swaps I typically just keep the ones I got, dry them out, and store them for the next swap, the ultimate in recycling! :)