Jestersix

Frag swap pictures thread

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Ok, decided not to clutter up the offical announcement and just start a thread for what you're bringing type pictures, just something to whet the appetite (although not terribly much from my pictures, I just felt like taking a bunch and now you have to suffer through them!)

Thanks goes to www.imageshack.us for supplying the bandwidth :D

Thought of bringing a few of these, but Norm seems to have more than enough zoanthids to cover.. still might bring a few, these go into my "maybe" catagory (ie can I get to them without taking out the rock that pretty much barely fit into the tank and that was without stuff growing on it)
pic1ne6.jpg

Some of this stuff is definately going, that's the beast of a colt, thing doesn't sting anything but man it grows, to give an idea of scale the tank is 24" tall and that particular frame is probably 3 feet wide. Oh yah Fred is right next to it on the left.
pic2as2.jpg

Love/hate relationship with these guys, very bright green, however they do grow very readily
pic3fn7.jpg

Now that the softie crowd is taken care of, some hard stuff.. (hrm.. bad choice of words)... anyways some of the specimins in this picture
pic4vm5.jpg

And in this picture...
pic8xr5.jpg

This guy was so pretty I thought he deserved a close up.
pic5rq4.jpg

Again in the catagory of "if I can get to them", I know there's a lack of LPS corals, but I'm sure they will be appreciated, this is the tip of the iceberg, there's about 10x as many polyps on the other side.
pic6pi1.jpg

Mike's infamous gangrenous grey zombie lords! Again.. If I can get to them.
pic7rb9.jpg

Hi guys I am wondering I just got my 180 going about 6 weeks ago and it has a zoa and 6 clowns so far I have been taking things slow... But my question is that I would like to attend the Frag Swap since I missed the December event and was wondering how I would trade frags being I don't have any I read the $30 buy in what does that get me exactly; I just want to be fair and not feel like a mooch but on the same token I do not have a lot of free money to spend on a ton of frags quite yet and you know there is a lot of space in an 180 ;D Thanks for any input.

And there will be no joining on the day of the swap from what I understand. But seriously, even if you pay $25 to join the club and $30 for a no-frag buy-in, $55 is a still a bargain. People are bringing awesome stuff, and I can assure you that you will go home with more than $55 worth of goodies (heck $55 barely would cover shipping from an online order), the potential to win raffles and door prizes. Not to mention all the xenia and kenya tree you would ever want...

It's only $20 for single membership and $30 for family :) ..

Frags swap is not about what/how many you can bring home :) ..
The BAR regional frag swap is intended to promote the propagation and sharing of corals within the reefing community.

With that said, the amount you bring home will be more than what you can get at any stores for $50. ;D

lol sorry if that came across as how much do I get for the money I am very interested in the meeting of people in my area and making new friends, I just was not sure if the $30 covered bringing home a few frags for not like I said I want to be fair and not feel like I am mooching off of anyone... I do need ot join and will do so shortly I tried last month but the site was having trouble then got sidetracked and did not do it... This sounds like a great thing and I look forward to bringing home some new stuff for the new tank. Thanks everyone!

and yes, it is a fun group of people! I call it the nerd club! But seriously, there are all different types of people from all walks of life and the common thread is reef keeping in an ethical, environmentally friendly way. It's awesome to be part of something like this! I've been guilty of being off the radar for about 2 years (marriage will do that to you) but I can't wait to see everyone again.

Mike I am not sure that is true....I know we aren't taking new memberships at the swap, but I think we are taking the fee at registration. Like last year, but I could be wrong. I don't think that has been confirmed......Norm?

Ok,
Here's what I am probably gonna take the blade to :) ... Unfortunately, there is a good chance of Aiptasia making the journey too :-(

Capnella
18_11_01_07_5_14_46.JPG

Caulastrea
18_11_01_07_5_16_13.JPG

Echinophyllia
18_11_01_07_5_17_12.JPG

euphyllia
18_11_01_07_5_18_02.JPG

Tubipora
18_11_01_07_5_20_42.JPG

Zoanthid
18_11_01_07_5_22_08.JPG

you could host them at flickr, which automatically resizes them into like 4 different sizes. that euphyllia looks especially cool close up though!

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1621.msg14661#msg14661 date=1168580162]
We need to make sure the next time there is a raffle that there be two dozen peppermint shrimp for your tank Dave ;D
[/quote]

Yeah - Or those Nudibranch thingies ;-)

I've tried everything on the list - Peppermint Shrimp, Joes Juice, Super Kalk, Copper Band Butterfly ... but they just don't work for me.

Back