Frag the vote!!!

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by tuberider, Oct 6, 2010.

1. bookfish

bookfish Guest

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

That's the 64 dollar question!

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

4. bookfish

bookfish Guest

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Hey I'll do an At Large position, and I am fully committed to running BAYMAC for BAR so that's sump'thing right?

6. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

good to see gresham is in..... if it isnt against rules i will fill in somewhere... im flexible with positions i just dont know if i would be crossing boundries here

7. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Gresham and Jess, while I appreciate the fact that both of you are willing to step up to the plate in some capacity, I personally think it is a very bad idea to have anyone directly associated with a local business or sponsor be a member of the BOD. I highly encourage both of you to stay heavily involved with the club but feel there is a very serious conflict of interest if you are part of the ultimate decision making group. I think it puts both the club and your businesses in a very awkward position.

8. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Hey now wait a MINUTE!
    If Jess and Gresham want to pursue a position on the BOD there is nothing to say they could not step away from their current occupation and give BAR 100% of their personal attention. :D

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

While I agree on Jess's part given he's a local dealer, in my 2.5 years on the BOD I was in fact employed by the very company I am now. I nor my employer was put in any "awkward" positions then and I do not see why now would be any different especially since its an "at large" position. You had nothing to say about this at the last BOD meeting, why now the voicing of dissent? As I did then, if any decisions need to be made that involve my employer, I simply recuse myself from that vote or discussion.

Given the position the club is left in right now drastic action is going to have to be taken or it will die. I'm unwilling to see it die so I'm stepping up. If others do and there is no need for me, awesome.

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Nah we just dropped our sponsorship of BAR so that solves that problem.

Not sure why this is an issue now when it wasn't while I served my 2.5 years on the BOD, even in one term as the sponsor liaison.

11. bmhair03

bmhair03 Guest

Im willing to help out ,fill in however needed. Not sure where I fit but Im available.

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I read this too quickly and read sponsor lesbian.

13. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

Leave it to Tony to lighten the discussion. :)

14. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Boy, New Mexico has changed you, Tony.

15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

So he's a sponsor that likes other sponsors?

16. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

So, we now have a few who have been nominated for the 2012 BOD. Kudos to you!

But the 2012 BAR BOD is going to need more wet hands to provide the depth this club requires. If you are sitting on the fence waiting for someone else to be nominated it is time to look in the mirror. Step up and be counted. There are important positions to be filled and plenty of old timers around to help you figure it all out!

17. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

... and while we are at it, I nominate SFSUPHYSICS.

18. bookfish

bookfish Guest

+1

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'm sure with work and a newish baby he doesn't have a ton of time, but as someone that's been around awhile, has a sweet tank, and is a member I respect, I nominate JAR

20. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

+1