Jestersix

Frag workshop frag photos

After a week? None noticable

One of the frags went completely white, so I'm guessing it's a dead'un :) Another is very white, so it's on it's way out, the millipora had a little white on the underside of a couple branches I'll have to check today to see if that continued to spread because I'll ned to snip. The others look fine though, the whiter with green tips browned up a bit and but still has green tips (unsure if if the polyps are extending yet though), and the thicker pieces have plenty of polyps so I'm happy.

Unsure about the other half since I gave those to Eileen.

Yup, the "other half" is doing fine in my tank. I have to figure out how I want to mount them. The deep water one's extend some of their polyps out - but not many. The other one's have some of their polyps out but I think they are still acclimating to my tank and lighting.

All of my frags are doing ok except one is starting to turn white. the rest are keeping there color, no real polyp extension yet but hoping everything pulls through.

A bunch of mine stn because of something *shrug*

But the ones that haven't STN'd are showing growth. Unless the growth is not really growth and process of STNing.. hah

Closest thing to "yellow" I had was a really pale one, that had green tips. Now the yellow has browned out (unsure if its flesh or diatoms), and I can't see any tips, but I'm unsure what to really look for, so I'll leave it in my grow out tank for now :)

On Elite's picture, the top right corner of the picture is the yellow one I was referring to.

It was really nice in my tank. Yellow with yellow polyps, but mine stn'd :(

Here are some pics of my workshop frags. Sorry for the poor quality. Just used the default settings on the camera. The other pics were too blurry.

Neat curvy shape.
another.jpg

White polyps, blueish purple tips. 2 frags.
2frags.jpg

Reddish w/ pink polyps.
1frag.jpg

Neon green polyps.
neon.jpg

Purple monti.
purplemonti.jpg

Well the florecent yellow colony most people have frag from actually came from a colony that was STNing. I fragged that one personally and made sure all frags came from at least 1/2" about the STN line. Of course that doesnt always stop the STNing. I grabbed 2 of these frags myself and I had 1 that started to STN and I fragged it again. So far so good. The smaller of the frags I got has been doing great. I really love the color of that coral. its really glows under 14k. Anyone have a ID on it?

OK so I am looking at old threads....real old. Anyone still have frags alive from this workshop? I hope so.

As many issues as I'm having recently I actually do have a few. I seriously should not have been picking any of those SPS pieces at that time in my reef career, I just see all that algae on my rocks and go "GAH!" . (we're almost all guilty of the "ooh more free coral" syndrome some time our or reef-lives).

Lesse, I have the top millepora looking one, although it hasn't grown much, it did color up a nice red with green tips (but I have this stinking feeling it's going to be on the mysterious illness death train out of my tank *sigh*)... the third which looks like a type of A. nana I believe I still have a piece or two of that, although I can't recall if it's that piece exactly. The one I was excited to see polyps I have a beautiful mini-colony of that (my quad-color acro) unsure if it came from that piece though, I don't think so. And of course I still have the purple gorgonian, it's growing strong and fan like :D I almost want to get some more gorgonians, but I have no idea how to pick them out and which ones are somewhat suitable for the reef without constant feeding of phyto.

Back