Jestersix

Free 50 Gallon TruVu Acrylic Aquarium and Black Commercially Built Stand

This club has already given me a bunch of free aquariums so I figured I would give a little back. Up for grabs is a 50 gallon TruVu acrylic aquarium with black acrylic back panel. Very few scratches because, before I set it up, I sanded and polished the crap out of it to remove the scratches. No leaks. Has been a planted freshwater tank since September 2013. It is pretty dirty (literally), but nothing a garden hose can't fix. Never treated with any medicines/copper. I had freshwater shrimp in it and they did fine, so it should be invert safe. The stand is black particle board I think. It is one of those commercially built stands that always surprise you when they don't collapse in on themselves, but it seems sturdy enough. Should be able to fit a 20 or 30 gallon tank in it for a sump. No other equipment comes with it except the tank and stand.

Message me if you're interested. I am located in North Oakland. You either have to come get it tomorrow (July 22nd), or in August because I am going out of town Wednesday and won't be back until July 31st.

Thanks,
Gabe

I'm out of state at the moment, but if memory serves, the tank is four feet long by one foot wide by ~20 inches tall. Bent front corners (front and side panels are one piece). The stand is about an inch longer and wider than the tank and about 30 inches tall, maybe a little taller, with a lip that goes around the front and sides of the tank to hide the bottom of the tank and prevent the tank from sliding. If you want it before July 31st, when I'll be back in town, I can give you my old roommate's number and you can pick up from my old place near Ashby BART.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm back in town and want this thing gone! Pic:
dupe9yzu.jpg

Come and get it in North Oakland near Alcatraz and telegraph! I'm not sure how much longer my gf will let me keep it here, so if no one here wants it soon, it will be posted on Craigslist.

Would be awesome for someone if they could do a retrofit to make it a 4' x 1' x 1' tank by chopping off eight inches off the top!

That would be cool, but I think these tanks need a top panel to help brace the tank, so it wouldn't be as simple just cutting off the top. Still a good idea, especially since the tank is free anyway :) you wouldn't be losing much if it didn't work out!

Yeah, since it's a 4' long tank, it'll definitely need some brace support. It shares a similar dimension with the 20L except that it's 18" longer. You'd probably only need minimal bracing all around and a center brace or two to minimize the bowing of the tank.

Back