Free BTA and Clarkii clownfish for supporting members - (No Longer Available)

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by RandyC, Jul 7, 2017.

1. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

I have a BTA and a pair of clarkiis available for free to any supporting member. The BTA was graciously provided by @Newjack to specifically catch this pair of clarkiis. Thanks @Newjack!

I removed my original rainbow BTA as it started walking towards my more expensive acros (got nervous) and the female clarkii was none too happy and started annoying other corals in search of a new home. With a BTA in the tank, she is happy as a peach and leaves corals alone. These clarkiis will behave well together in a larger tank (I have had both clarkiis for 4-5 months without an issue in my reefer 250), however, the female doesn't like him sleeping with her in the nem at night as I found out after I caught them and put all three in a small fish "jail". As a result, the male clarkii is a little beat up (fins frayed) and will need some r&r to be nursed back to health. He was very healthy before this "lovers quarrel.". These clarkiis even coexisted with a bonded pair of occellaris clownfish and aside from a "meet and greet session" the first day, everyone has been model citizens and they pretty much ignored each other.

BTA is 8" tip to tip and clarkiis are around 1.5-2".

Anyone taking up this offer must take nem and both clarkiis! I am located in Castro Valley.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    beegee, Newjack and zeeGGee like this.
  2. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

@Edgar Sandoval This is a pretty big BTA. Eight inches tip to tip. Is that a 14 or 29G biocube? Plus the clarkiis can get up to 6" big.

3. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

I'll pass. Didn't read the part that said how big the BTA was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Very generous offer Randy. That's a nice nem too!

RandyC likes this.
  5. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Nem is def nice. Maybe one day I'll have a nem-only tank so I'm not nervous about keeping them and stinging other coral.

Glad @Newjack was awesome enough let me have it for my little "experiment" at fish catching. Made it much easier to catch the clowns rather than trying to use a net or having to remove rock work.

Newjack likes this.
  6. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

Hey Edgar what happened to the RBTA you had of mine that you moved into your sons tank? After i went exploring in your tank.

7. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

I didn't cover the Wav makers and it became soup.

8. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

:(

9. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Same as the rtba you gave me... all your rtbas have suicidal genes after leaving your tank.

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

That male is tore up. His old lady beat him up and kicked him out. I wonder if she caught him rubbing up against one of those occellaris.

beegee and Wlachnit like this.
  11. ashburn2k

Gansta life

12. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Do you guys have covers for your pumps?

13. ashburn2k

I do not

14. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

No covers on my MP10s and none of my 4 btas have walked off the rock they are on. Give them enough light and flow and they should mostly stay put.

Edgar Sandoval likes this.
  15. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

I don't have covers either. Both the nems I had were in mid to high light and good flow. Never left the rock or the "cage."

16. beegee

beegee Guest

I put covers on my MP10 just in case.

17. ashburn2k

What does it look like?

18. beegee

beegee Guest

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

It's foam that gets clogged up really fast. Needs to be cleaned like every couple days.

20. beegee

beegee Guest

but isn't that good? it's the crap that would be otherwise floating around in the tank.