High Tide Aquatics

Free BTA and Clarkii clownfish for supporting members - (No Longer Available)

RandyC

Supporting Member
I have a BTA and a pair of clarkiis available for free to any supporting member. The BTA was graciously provided by @Newjack to specifically catch this pair of clarkiis. Thanks @Newjack!

I removed my original rainbow BTA as it started walking towards my more expensive acros (got nervous) and the female clarkii was none too happy and started annoying other corals in search of a new home. With a BTA in the tank, she is happy as a peach and leaves corals alone. These clarkiis will behave well together in a larger tank (I have had both clarkiis for 4-5 months without an issue in my reefer 250), however, the female doesn't like him sleeping with her in the nem at night as I found out after I caught them and put all three in a small fish "jail". As a result, the male clarkii is a little beat up (fins frayed) and will need some r&r to be nursed back to health. He was very healthy before this "lovers quarrel.". These clarkiis even coexisted with a bonded pair of occellaris clownfish and aside from a "meet and greet session" the first day, everyone has been model citizens and they pretty much ignored each other.

BTA is 8" tip to tip and clarkiis are around 1.5-2".

Anyone taking up this offer must take nem and both clarkiis! I am located in Castro Valley.

e2bfa25a0cb58dabdf3ce2ab38611f11.jpg

711ffa8a45a6900261cc369302ed0862.jpg

e9bbe16d789277d93907f2e3c0bd9ea9.jpg

Last edited:
Very generous offer Randy. That's a nice nem too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nem is def nice. Maybe one day I'll have a nem-only tank so I'm not nervous about keeping them and stinging other coral.

Glad @Newjack was awesome enough let me have it for my little "experiment" at fish catching. Made it much easier to catch the clowns rather than trying to use a net or having to remove rock work.

Last edited:
I have a BTA and a pair of clarkiis available for free to any supporting member. The BTA was graciously provided by @Newjack to specifically catch this pair of clarkiis. Thanks @Newjack!

I removed my original rainbow BTA as it started walking towards my more expensive acros (got nervous) and the female clarkii was none too happy and started annoying other corals in search of a new home. With a BTA in the tank, she is happy as a peach and leaves corals alone. These clarkiis will behave well together in a larger tank (I have had both clarkiis for 4-5 months without an issue in my reefer 250), however, the female doesn't like him sleeping with her in the nem at night as I found out after I caught them and put all three in a small fish "jail". As a result, the male clarkii is a little beat up (fins frayed) and will need some r&r to be nursed back to health. He was very healthy before this "lovers quarrel.". These clarkiis even coexisted with a bonded pair of occellaris clownfish and aside from a "meet and greet session" the first day, everyone has been model citizens and they pretty much ignored each other.

BTA is 8" tip to tip and clarkiis are around 1.5-2".

Anyone taking up this offer must take nem and both clarkiis! I am located in Castro Valley.

e2bfa25a0cb58dabdf3ce2ab38611f11.jpg

711ffa8a45a6900261cc369302ed0862.jpg

e9bbe16d789277d93907f2e3c0bd9ea9.jpg
That male is tore up. His old lady beat him up and kicked him out. I wonder if she caught him rubbing up against one of those occellaris.

I don't have covers either. Both the nems I had were in mid to high light and good flow. Never left the rock or the "cage."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back