Free candy cane frags to any subscribed BAR member

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by sjbro, Oct 6, 2016.

1. sjbro

sjbro Guest

During a recent aquascaping exercise I broke 2 large candy cane colonies in multiple pieces. I have too many of them now in my tank, therefore some need new homes.

I have 2 types of candy cane corals to offer: one is a neon/bright green and the other one is a regular green.

First target audience, is any BAR paid member. If there are pieces left, I'll extend the offer to guest members too. Pick up in San Jose Almaden area or San Jose downtown, the later only during business hours on most weekdays.

candy_cane_neon.jpg candy_cane_regular.jpg

gabloo, coral4me, Gablami and 2 others like this.
  2. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Wow beautiful candy coral. They look extremely healthy and happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

I wish my tank were ready for that. Thanks for offering though. Glad I'm part of this community.

4. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

They are probably one of the easiest corals to keep.

5. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Yes I agree with enderturtle if ur tank is cycled. And water parameters look desent. I'd say do a little research on calcium and alkalinity. And give her a shot!!!! Nothing to loose. That's how I got started too. But CAUTION coral can be very addictive I'm on a 12 step program to kick my coral addiction but my girlfriend says its not working:) I may have some softys for u to try As well. Zoas that is. Free

Raidernation08 and Gablami like this.
  6. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, I'm getting there. Why would you want to kick your coral addiction?!?! Many worse addictions out there :). This is like gardening...on drugs...with toys...underwater.

Baykes and travis furia like this.
  7. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Lol hahahahahahahahahahahahHaha I love it. I'm going to tell her that next time I try to cram another coral in my tank. :)

8. MolaMola

MolaMola Guest

Oooh. I was just commenting on a member's candy cane this week. I cannot make it to the south bay for awhile but I am hopeful some will appear at future frag swaps. : ) Nice job growing those out!

9. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

The neon bright green is beautiful

10. sjbro

sjbro Guest

Thanks all. I'll probably have extra frags for a while, so ping me whenever it works for you...

beegee, zeeGGee and Edgar Sandoval like this.
  11. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

The corals look really nice. I am in the SJ neighborhood this Saturday and would like a frag if they are still available.

12. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

I would love a frag for my tank but I'm a new member.

13. sjbro

sjbro Guest

Sure, I've sent you a PM with my contact info.

14. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

If you still have some next Saturday, I'd love to come by and pick up a piece!
    Thanks for offering these!

15. sjbro

sjbro Guest

@Corallus sure, I expect I will have some still. Next Saturday will be pretty busy for me, morning time might work though. Or next Sunday looks good too.

Corallus likes this.
  16. nbaiju

nbaiju Guest

picked up great frags today. Thanks @sjbro .

17. gabloo

gabloo Supporting Member

Hi,
    If you still have any left, I would like to pick up a frag. I can meet you in down town san jose!

18. sjbro

sjbro Guest

Sure, I still have frags left. I replied to your PM with my contact info to setup the meet.

19. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Sending you a PM. Beautiful color!

20. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Thanks for the frags. They are beautiful. Can't wait for them to grow!!!!!