free for all frag table?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by saltwatersig, Sep 15, 2008.

1. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

i'm sure it has been mentioned before ........but i did'nt pay too much attention then, Is it ok to bring some frags and place the in an area for other people (members or not) at the meeting can simple take them? I have a few frags that i can't seem to get out on the dbtc program ( i assume most folks already have them) and they simply take up too much room on my frag racks. let me know.thanks.

sergio

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Sure thing Sergio, many members in fact try to do that.

However I wouldn't just "leave them" and hope someone takes them.

3. Apon

Apon Volunteer

You could always donate your frags to the club raffle.

4. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

who do i coordinate regarding donating to the club raffle?

i hear you mike......i would'nt want to have a bunch of leftovers to bring back home as well. maybe i'll place a few on table with a free frags sign and donate some to the raffle.

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Me or any of the other BOD members at the meeting. As long as it is labelled with any special care instructions we can add it to the raffle.

6. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Sergio,
    If you readvertise them here, I'll bet they get gobbled up.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

yeah a lot of it is people don't want to seem too greedy getting stuff, but when they find out no one else wants it hey it doesn't feel so bad :D

8. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

allrighty then ......thanks for the suggestion steve.....here goes

green birdnest frag avail appx 4-5 frags

[​IMG]

dyngoe's green w/purple acro appx 4 -5 frags

[​IMG]

just let me know if you want a frag of whichever one you want and i'll bring to the oct meeting.

thanks

9. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

I will more than likely put some more up , i'm gonna give the dbtc stuff a couple more days and then if no one wants them i will post here.

10. Elite

Elite Guest

Why not bring some to the store to get some credit Sergio?

11. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

phong , i was thinking about that these last couple of days......but.....about the only store that i have bought frags from lately have been atlantis and new alameda........niether one is near my home. i will atempt to speak with ming (hope thats right) at atlantis and see if he would be interested in taking some corals from me in the future (bar meetings), i just don't know if he would be interested in your basic everyday corals.

12. Elite

Elite Guest

If you come down here, talk to Tyler at PDV. I know a lot of members bring corals there to trade in. You need to ask him first though. To us they are just "basic everyday coral" but to other people they might not ;).. plus you have nice stuf man.. Not just "basic everyday coral" man ;D..

13. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

thanks for the compliment phong. :) oh and what is "pdv" stand for? and where are they located?

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

never mind , i found it. dolphin pet village.

15. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I have two different kinds of green slimers. Would this acro be harder to keep than those?

16. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I would love to get a birdsnest frag, Sergio!

17. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I've thought about having a little sign up list with free frags, where the person taking the coral has to put their name and handle down before taking a coral, that way at least I know who got it :D

I may have to pass the torch to you Sergio, you have to be nipping at my DBTC heels by now ;D. Nobody wants my corals anymore, they already have them ;)

18. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

well in my case....all other acros grew faster than my slimers......but once the slimers encrust they grow pretty quick also.

19. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

here we go ! thats my pixelpixi ;D

how many lbs would you like? ;)

i'll bring you a special birdsnest frag (i'll put a picture with it .....of the frag of course)

20. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

jeremy ....i think i was the last one to get your miami orchid ;D but on a serious note, what are we (bar members) going to do when their corals grow out? i know phong mentioned trying to get a store credit and thats a possibilty, quite honestly i've been to alot of eastbay stores and the ones near me .....just don't seem up to par when it comes to growing corals, most from what i can see , do not qt the shipments..and some seem to always have an abundance of brownish to dying corals :(