free for all frag table?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by saltwatersig, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Elite

Elite Guest

I think we all should get a bigger tank.. that should last us another 6 months or so ;D :D ..

2. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Haha. Well, I've been a little skittish since the montis I got at the swap didn't survive quarantine. My pavona is doing great now, though, and I think a birdsnest will do fine too. Plus I've really been wanting one. So thanks!

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4570.msg55652#msg55652 date=1221534430]
    jeremy ....i think i was the last one to get your miami orchid ;D but on a serious note, what are we (bar members) going to do when their corals grow out? i know phong mentioned trying to get a store credit and thats a possibilty, quite honestly i've been to alot of eastbay stores and the ones near me .....just don't seem up to par when it comes to growing corals, most from what i can see , do not qt the shipments..and some seem to always have an abundance of brownish to dying corals :(
    [/quote]

The Aquarium Showroom has a (display) tank they'd like BAR to stock. I'm not sure if anyone Max has talked to has passed this onto the BOD but he'd really like BAR to do something there :D

4. Crabby

Crabby Guest

I'm going to be setting up a 210 gallon SPS display tank that will be in a public viewing area at the Romberg Tiburon Center in the near future (the tank was Phong's) and would be take any the extra frags that you have. Right now, all I have is some acros that club members donated, and stuff I picked up at the last swap (all doing very well). Corals are in a frag tank now that is lit by 250W MH bulbs for growout until the display tank is ready.

5. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Crabby
    When your ready lmk I can give you some sps frags to stock your tank.

6. Crabby

Crabby Guest

Thanks! We have frag tanks running now with room, so anytime is OK (although scheduling can be difficult sometimes...). No rush, though. I'm going to send out a general frag request + DBTC announcement about this new display tank as well.

I'll be starting a tank thread for the display as soon as we move the tank.

7. bookfish

bookfish Guest

Jonathon, you're welcome to (almost) anything i have in my tank.-Jim

8. Crabby

Crabby Guest

Thanks Jim! I will definitely take you up on the offer.

9. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

hey crabby , are you going to be at the oct meeting?

10. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4570.msg55652#msg55652 date=1221534430]
    but on a serious note, what are we (bar members) going to do when their corals grow out?
    [/quote]
    I honestly will be happy when my tank is so crowded with FULL GROWN corals (not frags) that it will be hard to frag :D Ok in all seriousness keeping corals pruned to allow good water flow to keep those center parts as alive as possible is useful. But I see it more along the lines of frag swaps get more swamped with frags, and frags at the swaps become "mini-colonies" and the like. Hell who knows, maybe Steinhart will want more frags :D

11. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I just like to back my stuff up, the majority of my corals are colonies, most of which are as large as your hand. That can really make for crappy flow patterns in a 3' tank. In fact last night I re-arranged some stuff, and am loving being able to see all they way across the viewing panel. I used to have Neil's tort colony up against the front, all I had to do was move one rock, duh, and it opened everything up nicely.

There comes a time when you have no choice but to frag, it sucks when nobody wants anything because the corals usually have to sit around in some bizarre section of my tank and don't look as good as they can in a better spot.

12. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

blue acro #3 (steve elias ?)

this is now in going into the oct meeting raffle or free frag table if you claim it here first. need to know your lighting set up and how long system been running.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

purple prostata

going into oct meeting raffle or to the free frag table unless you claim it here first. need to know your lighting set up and how long system been running.

[​IMG]

14. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

purple w/yellow polyp tubanaria

going to oct raffle or free frag table if you claim it first here. need to know your lighting set up and how long system been running.

[​IMG]

15. Crabby

Crabby Guest

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=4570.msg55741#msg55741 date=1221579683]
    hey crabby , are you going to be at the oct meeting?
    [/quote]

Maybe - if I do attend I'll have my 2 year old daughter with me, as I can't leave both kids with the wife.

16. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Sergio: If only I had room in my tank for more sps frags I'd take some, however I don't. But just want you to know, it's not like you're giving away crap or anything, those look pretty sweet.

17. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

thanks mike, i was starting to feel like an outcast :D

18. Crabby

Crabby Guest

They all look great to me too...I'll try to make the Oct meeting and liberate you of these burdensome frags ;-)

19. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

crabby i'll pm you a few days prior to the meeting to confirm you are coming.....that way i can make sure i don't bring too many left overs to the table ;D

20. Elite

Elite Guest

Good to hear that these will go to a good home :) ..

I like the free frag table idea but some people are not very responsible. They take whatever is free without caring that they can keep it or not.