Neptune Aquatics

Free glass

I've got a piece of 1/2" tempered Starphire glass that was left over from a staircase I built. It's 38"x43" so I think it would work best for the bottom pane of a frag tank. It is tempered though so you won't be able to drill or cut it. If no one wants it I'll be taking it to the dump though.

image.jpeg

I'm in south San Jose.

Seems like such a waste to use starphire glass as the bottom of a tank :D although with a height of 38" I can't imagine it would be useful for a side pane at only 1/2" thick.

Seems like such a waste to use starphire glass as the bottom of a tank :D although with a height of 38" I can't imagine it would be useful for a side pane at only 1/2" thick.
Yeah, that was my thought too. It does have polished edges and the fact that it's tempered makes it like 6 times stronger than regular glass but if it does fail there won't be any warning. There won't be any stress fracture it will be complete failure.

It won't be the first piece of glass that goes to the dump if no one wants it. This piece cost about $450 but there was a curved glass staircase that I did that got manufactured wrong and I threw away about $7500 worth of glass.

Back